• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What We Started With

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
LOL...Hold on Guys...You might want to wait untill you see the finished product first. We may tottally bugger the job from here on out.

At any rate, the next project is already in front of the doors, just waiting to get in.

Give us a chance to lose the English influance...Ted's been bringing tea and crumpets for snacks, instead of beer and beef jerky...I'm startin' to worry...Check back in a year or so

Attachments

• 100_1459.jpg
    100_1459.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_1461.jpg
    100_1461.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 36

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Awesome job.

A question on the homemade valance, which I'm planning on attempting myself as well - any pointers on how you rolled the edges so cleanly?

-Mike

Bear in mind that I'v never seen an undamaged one, so I doubt that mine is an exact duplicate of factory. Also, the horizontal part wasn't replaced, only the vertical part(underneath the weld flange).

I just laid it out and cut the excess out of the openings, leaving 1/2" -3/4" extra. The straight parts were just hammer and dolly work with a pice of flat steel clamped behind on the lay-out line, for the radious I heated and bent a piece of 1/4"x1 1/2" flat scrap into the curve I wanted and used it as the dolly for a template. I also heated the sheetmetal(propane torch this time) in the radious, just to keep kinking and stretching down.
After the shape of the openings was right, I laid a piece of 1/4" tape and cut all the excess with a die grinder.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hmmm... that would look really nice in right-hand-drive.

;)

attachment.php

mferris

Donation Time
for the radious I heated and bent a piece of 1/4"x1 1/2" flat scrap into the curve I wanted and used it as the dolly for a template. I also heated the sheetmetal(propane torch this time) in the radious, just to keep kinking and stretching down.

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. Make a template for the curve to hammer against.