• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vader on the highway

Jim E

Donation Time
Drove my V6 Alpine to Charlotte NC from Columbia SC this weekend about a 200 mile round trip. I also finally figured out how to program my Speedo. The car likes to run about 80 on the highway in fifth gear and is a totally different animal than when driving around town. Night and day around town the gearing and cam are up on the power band but on the highway the car is a little below the power band and just tools along nice and quiet but will go pretty good if you get in the secondary. I noted the gas mileage is a lot better on the highway too. I do think it is a good thing I got the Speedo calibrated because you can roll up to triple digits pretty quick with one of these cars...

I did have a mishap on the drive the right rear bolt on LAT traction bar spit the bolts that clamp it to the spring pack and dropped down on the road surface, which was pretty exciting...pulled over snatched the tool roll strap out of the trunk and tied the bar up and went on. I must have gotten distracted when I was torquing that side down...

Anyway the car seems to be the best of both worlds with the gearing and cam around town it is very quick yet on the freeway with the .68 OD and the 3.89 gear it is very easy to drive and quiet. Truely the car will ruin a stock Alpine for you.

Oh and it rains the whole way back home... what the heck were the Brits thinking building a GT...

tfctpa

Donation Time
I did have a mishap on the drive the right rear bolt on LAT traction bar spit the bolts that clamp it to the spring pack and dropped down on the road surface, which was pretty exciting...

After that mishap, how are the seats, I know that I'd have to do a through cleaning:eek: Glad everything worked out.

Enjoy

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Drove my V6 Alpine to Charlotte NC from Columbia SC

Anyway the car seems to be the best of both worlds with the gearing and cam around town it is very quick yet on the freeway with the .68 OD and the 3.89 gear it is very easy to drive and quiet. Truely the car will ruin a stock Alpine for you.

Oh and it rains the whole way back home... what the heck were the Brits thinking building a GT...

Hey Jim
Now you know why I had so much fun with my 62 the last 25 years.
We could cruise 75 MPH all day and that was with a 4 speed.RPM for 75 was 3100.
I hope to have a ton of fun in the spring with the 62

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Congratulations Jim

Sounds like a great car and should be lots of fun for years to come. Will it be at Invasion 2007?

Paul

A

AutoX47

Hey Jim maybe some day I'll get to take a ride so I can see the light of the Dark Side :cool:

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Hard life Owning a GT

:D
Those that wonder why I don't want to drive my Alpine GT to far from its garage, because if and when it rains the driver is going to get wet very wet :eek:
Sure I can put the Top on but that takes out the fun of driving a convertible, might as well drive the daily driver, new Impala.
The Sky forum keeps complaining about the new Saturn Sky not having a button to push its a manual top, NOT ME, they want to appreciate a soft top own a Alpine GT :rolleyes:

Donna
;)