• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V-6 cams?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Just an FYI.

I have been involved with tuning a 4.0 engine in a tube frame ranger used in baja racing, and it is no slouch.

The engine revs very nicely to beyond 7000 RPM, with a relatively flat torque curve from 2500 to 6500 RPM.

This engine with aftermarket engine management, some larger injectors and some manifold/head porting produces an easy 250 Crank HP.

Its every bit as "revvy" as my 2.8 capri engine, with more than double the HP.
With the kind of rod angle that you'd have to run with the 4.0 crank in the 2.8 block the end results would not rev as easily as the stock 4.0. The 4.0 has a longer rod, which has a smaller angle and thus puts less pressure on the thrust side of the cylinder wall.

I have put 400 cu. in. small block Chevy cranks into 350 Chevy block, thus getting a 383 cu. in. engine, but the end result doesn't rev as quickly as the 350 does. R.P.M.s are also limited too. It has a ton of torque, which is its strong suit. It is good for a heavy car that needs a lot of torque to get it going.

It is nice sometimes to sit and dream about all the possibilities, but in actual operation, will act differently to what we dream.

Jose :)