• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Timing light

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
What’s the best timing light out their for a Alpine?

There is nothing unique about checking / setting the ignition timing on Series Alpines, so there is nothing unique about the requirements for a timing light. IMO, a "dial back" timing light makes things a lot easier on any engine.

BillyG

Silver Level Sponsor
Hopefully you’ve received your 100% disability rating! I filed March of 2001 received 100% in November 2002. That’s the only reason I can play with old cars!

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
Snap-On! Fox Valley! Sun Instruments! Sears!....If it was me, I would visit yard sales, estate sales, or flea markets. You may find that you must time it by ear......retarding things as needed to prevent pinging.

Last edited: