• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"This is a original car"

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
For a supposedly museum car it is not stock
Take away the spoiler and add the bumpers then maybe

Here the car would be most likely pulled off the road

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor

Yeah, and then take away the custom seats and interior and maybe do something about the non Rootes engine. But, other than the exterior, the interior, the wheels and the power plant, it is a very original car!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It has to be original. Looks just like my car.

Bill

:)

For the record, I am not criticizing the car itself. There are plenty of things I'd redo if it were mine (starting with the bumpers and cow catcher/snow plow), but it looks like it could be a really good start at a personalized car. I just got a real kick out of the claim of originality. Maybe they figured that since the Tiger had a Ford V8, it was only logical that the Alpine came from the factory with a Ford 4 banger.

mackzknife

Donation Time
Not a spoiler

That isn't a spoiler it is a Rootes option luggage rack, I have one for my 66. The camera angle is what is making it look like a spoiler.

Here the car would be most likely pulled off the road

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I just noticed this was added at the bottom yesterday:

On Apr-09-14 at 14:38:25 PDT, seller added the following information:
After some digging and research I was able to verify the this vehicle is powered by a 1970 Ford Cortina or Pinto 2.0 liter engine. Casting number from the block reads 70HM6015BA. Thank you for emails and requests. A similar engine with transmission sold for $2000 online. http://www.race-cars.com/engsold/ford/1219807024/1219807024ss.htm

Maybe a little more digging and research would tell him that the bumpers, spoiler and interior aren't original either.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
A similar engine with transmission sold for $2000 online.

Shucks, I have a Pinto 2.0 I will let go for only $500. No tranny, but it does have about 750 pounds of spare parts, including a turbo.

Bill