• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The 62's First Drive

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
It has been a while but finally took the 62 out this AM on the new motor's first drive.Up til now I had only moved it in and out of the garage and a bit on our driveway.
Can I say like Wow.Smooooth power and lots of it on tap although I didn't open it up vey much just yet.I like a few miles on the engine first. 40 MPH is 1000 rpm in 5th so that is pleasing.
There are still a bit of tuning for the engine but will do that in a few days.
The steering is pretty darn close but it will still need an alignment.A bit more camber and toe in will be in the works.
Now the thing is to get some miles on the car and start feeling smart.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,

Good hear it is finally getting out of the garage. I assume you have some warmer weather now, so perfect for all Sunbeams. Enjoy :D .

Regards, Robin.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Well I now have a grand total of 16 miles on it.OH I must admit I left a wee bit of rubber in a couple of spots.That was not really intended but you know the tempation was hard to resist.This was not even opening the motor up very much at all.I think I want to het a few hundred miles on real quick like but first the alignment

A

AutoX47

Excellent, Chuck! After all the work you have put into the '62, ... who couldn't lay just a little rubber here and there :D

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great news Chuck. I'll share this news with Dan, Dave, and Bob. Hope all is well in "Friendly Manitoba". Give our regards to Ollie.

Tom H

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Thanks Tom
Weather has been kind of lousy the last week what with massive thunderstorms,extreme winds and a few tornados around.Closest was about 35 miles east of here
Finally supposed to get some nice weather again starting tomorrow.Looks like it will be too busy for driving.Just finished pulling a trans axle out of my son's john deere garden tractor.Lots of fun as I have no manual.Lots of part diagrams of the gears.Now to open it up and see what fun we'll have.
Will pass on your regards to Ollie.Almost a year since we lost our son.It really does'n't get easier.
Thank goodness for the cars as busy hands can help keep th e mind occupied.
Again Thanks