• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sway bar

alpine_64

Donation Time
really nie install. You have more lean than i do, which really seems to hold the rear from side stepping. I notice you mounted to the base of the springs, i looked into doing this but went with the axel like the late model alpines. Also i really like the top brackets picking up off the old lever mounts.. very nice.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Now the whole story is out. You were setting up a race car, which is what I said in the first place. It shouldn't be done to a street car, because it can get an inexperienced guy into trouble in a hurry.

There are many things that a race car requires to make it competitive, that just shouldn't be done to a street car. A rear anti sway bar is one that should be kept for the track only; like grenade motors that are meant to last just one or two races, but are totally unsuited for a street application.

Jose :)

My car is far from a race car. I set up my car for my driving style and to be a daily driver, and it drives and handles great, and is totally suited for the street. My wife loves driving it. If you setup your car correctly these cars drive great and will not get you into trouble. If I were building a race car I would have gone Mazda rotary.