• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Have you tried the Tiger Auto guys? I know they moved to the vicinity of Tennessee a couple years ago, and scrapped a lot of stuff before they left Dayton, but you may still be able to establish contact. Brad Babb might know info, maybe? Perhaps they saved and moved something like that, or could tell you what scrapyard in Dayton ended up with the body shells.
I talked to Brad Babb maybe two weeks ago didn't seem to have anything for sale! also Doug Jennings bought a building in Dayton with another guy ( according to the rumors) Dougie junior shows up sometimes on the Sunbeam Tiger Facebook page!

65beam

Donation Time
I talked to Brad Babb maybe two weeks ago didn't seem to have anything for sale! also Doug Jennings bought a building in Dayton with another guy ( according to the rumors) Dougie junior shows up sometimes on the Sunbeam Tiger Facebook page!
Doug and Jill moved to Bellbrook on the southeast side of Dayton. He's in farming country. He has an eight car garage at the house and still does suspension work, etc but no body work. Phone number is the same and I set up the answering machine for him so leave a message. He'll call back. Left over parts are stored in another place in Dayton. He recently worked 90 hours on Jean's Harrington.110_0400.JPG

Attachments

• 110_0385.JPG
    110_0385.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 9

65beam

Donation Time
Joel,
Dougie ,wife and kid now live in Tenn.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sent you some pictures that you may chose from....

Give me a call and we can discuss what I have, leave me a message and I will return your call.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I scored this one yesterday, but is there a spring that is supposed to be under the button to keep the button up? There is a recess on the pad of the cap, just wondering.

Attachments

• IMG_20180905_134053.jpg
    IMG_20180905_134053.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 48

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the offer, I am going to try to get by with one cap for now and see how that works. Do both tanks get pretty full when you gas up?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks so much, I did not realize that. Will need to put one in the lowest tank and tie it into the saddle tanks. Summit Racing has it.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are a few PIC's that may be of help in determining the routing and a couple components for fitting the tanks.

Notice my vent tube is outside of the frame work where they are normally routed.

A word of caution: Please utilize proper tubing for gas lines.

The filler hose should have the breather hose connection made into it.

Attachments

• Alpine Saddle Tanks - Left has breather tube connection   20180912_123503.jpg
    Alpine Saddle Tanks - Left has breather tube connection 20180912_123503.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Alpine Saddle Tanks - breather tube from the  connection on the left tank      20180912_123658.jpg
    Alpine Saddle Tanks - breather tube from the connection on the left tank 20180912_123658.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 65
  • Alpine Saddle Tanks - Routing of  breather tube  - different angle         20180912_124003.jpg
    Alpine Saddle Tanks - Routing of breather tube - different angle 20180912_124003.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 66

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
DanR,
Those pictures are very helpful, Thank You!
I ordered a fuel hose and bung from Summitracing.com on Tuesday and got it Wednesday, will be installing this on top of the tank that is in the car now. The vent nipple on the left tank I will have to install to match my hose size. As far as the right tank, it will be vented just under the cap on the filler pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_20180912_131531.jpg
    IMG_20180912_131531.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 19

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Well, after much consideration and searching for a locking gas cap I decided to merge the idea with the old original parts on the outside. Here is what I came up with, an interior gas cap release along with a sealed gas cap stowed under a stock cap.IMG_20180924_151105.jpg IMG_20180924_151125.jpg IMG_20180924_151105.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks as if you have been a rather busy fellow:)

Just make sure you have adequate drainage for rain, snow,and any foreign items that settle around the "Caps"....

If you have such I did not observe it in your PIC's.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
DanR
Good catch, I have not installed that yet, as a matter of fact when I reopened the cap opening I saw that the factory made on provision for drainage and there was sign of water "pooling" in the low spot of the opening. Already have the parts to install one that will drain behind the rear tire.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I have the rear firewall shaped correctly and ready to be checked for clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_20180924_114736.jpg
    IMG_20180924_114736.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 40

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Things have slowed down since I had to have surgery on my hand, but I was still able to get the Driver's side Fuel Tank modified and mocked up for installation. The original sending unit hole was replaced with the EVAP cartridge and the outlet was moved to the front to tie into the center gas tank. The passenger side will require more work since it will need some room for the filler pipe that is a bit longer but it does have the vent hose attachements which is a plus. Picture attachedDriver side fuel tank.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Hand is recovering nicely, trying to breal down the scar tissue. Still working on attaching the quarter panels and Saddle fuel tanks. The passener side has become quite a challenge and taking longer than I thought. Once I have it done and checked for leaks it will be cleaned with Muriatic acid and sealed. On a side note the fuel filler compartment now has a drain to the outside.

Attachments

• IMG_20181010_135355.jpg
    IMG_20181010_135355.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 20