• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Top of doors are done good enough to have the body shop do the finishing touches. Was going to start on the bottom of the doors, but of course that is when my welding gas decided it was done. Call it a day.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I noticed that when the PRHT is open there is not enough clearance for my liking at the rear firewall so that is being redone to get more clearance. Then I will get back to the door bottoms.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I was looking at the Alfa Romeo 4C Spider and thinking if you could do something like that at the back of the door at the top.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I did plan to do that and direct air to the rear brakes, the mock up just didn't look good so I blended the top of the doors to match the quarter panels. Will post some pics later today. Thanks for sharing.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Here are a couple of shots of the door modifications. Note the deck lid is just set in place for the pics, the gaps are even on both sides when it is in the correct position. I really wanted to do something like what John suggested, but there just wasn't enough room do to the PRHT motors and movement for rear brake ducts.Driver door mod1.jpg Driver door mod.jpg Passenger door mod.jpg Passenger door mod1.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Stopped by Sunbeam Specialties™ yesterday and picked up the gaskets for the headlight rims to get the car ready for the body shop to do it's magic.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I still have not been back to the paint shop to talk about painting my alpine, but this is what I currently have in mind.
lombardo_cobra_018 (1).jpeg

It is ppg midnight saphire blue.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
That is going to look FANTASTIC!
I do like blue, however anyone that sees Ford blue will be stuck with the word "Ford" on their mind.