• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I don't think so, but to share some good news today after spending over three hours at the DMV the paperwork is done! Now what is needed is a brake and lamp inspection and issue a VIN number from the CHP. Happy Days are here again.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Gordon.
I was able to get the CHP office closest to me scheduled as well as the brake and lamp inspection. $150 for that Ugh!
Going to be installing these solid tow hooks 20200103_092054.jpg today.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Gordon.
I was able to get the CHP office closest to me scheduled as well as the brake and lamp inspection. $150 for that Ugh!
Going to be installing these solid tow hooks View attachment 18437 today.
150.00 the politicians are monetizing everything. I registered my 67 Alpine in VA where I live as an antique vehicle. I got a set of nos Virginia plates I don’t have to go for annual plate renewals or safety inspections. I am waiting for our jackass governor (Northam) to screw that up.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I hear you, when I was in Texas we had to do safety inspections. I was still amazed at the rust buckets that were on the road. I am glad you don't have to do that, congrats. Hopefully they will let me register it as a 1968 (fingers crossed) and forgo the biannual smog inspection which for me is a waste of time and money. So in the future if I don't feel I have enough power, maybe put a turbo on it.......

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Agreed, that engine just does nothing for the car, but all those hand tools. lathe, welder, plasma cutter etc. Great score for somebody

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
On a positive note, if you wanted to keep it a sbc the dimensions are the same as a 383 cid. stroker motor.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Went to the local DMV office on January 2 and got the 8th special construction registration started in the state. Yesterday got the local CHP office to validate the VIN.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Gordon,
The decision was made to label this car as a 1968 and since Chrysler owned Sunbeam that year it is only appropriate to add the correct side marker lights that are one year only.Driver side 68 Marker.jpg Passenger side Marker.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
So I made an appointment to have my windshield replaced and when I pulled into the shop the owner immediatly says "we don't work on older cars" That was too funny to hear! Then after he finished, he walks up to me and says "your car won't start" Strange, never had trouble before. I took the keys and got into my car and started it, he did not see the engine START button! LOL
So nice to have new glass in front

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I had to convert the rectangular holes on the side of the fenders to fit the amber side markers, will post pictures tomorrow.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
It has been too cold and wet to do any more body work (working outside) but managed some time to get the side markers welded in and installed. The panel is roughly done for now and primered. Finally got the smog cetificate SPCNS so I can make an appointment with the state BAR refferee and hopefully get it smog exempt. driver front side marder.jpg passenger front side marker.jpg