• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Spring like today!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Here in Oklahoma the daffodils are blooming but we still have a chance of winter next Wednesday, but today it started out 60 degrees with a high in the low 80's. So today was a perfect Sunbeam day, all dry and just the right temperatures. Been a couple of weeks since I had Vicki the Alpine out for a spin so today was the sneak her to work, then some shopping after work. I had forgotten just how much fun it is to drive a special antique car on a sunny day. Stopping for gas first thing this morning several admirers. Then after work pulled up behind a school bus the teenagers hung out both back windows yelling hey Cool Car! Several thumbs up from fellow drivers, so once home Vicki got all cleaned up a vacuum for carpet and detail spray, sometimes I forget just how special my car is!

Donna
:D

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Here in Arizona it's mid to high 70's, the lovely green in the hills is just turning to Fire Season Gold, and I'll be spending my day detailing my car for the big British Car show in Phoenix tomorrow.

As I work on it, I too am reminded how special and unique it is and how fortunate I am to be it's caretaker..... But sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, there will be a guy who will talk my ear off tomorrow telling me he had one juuuuusssttt like it back in 196something (You had a V6 and a 5 speed in yours Mister?:eek:) and insist on explaining why he had to get rid of it and how he regretted doing so and everything he did to it...

but every once in a while some one will come up and smile and you can just tell they are remembering something special from their past. Or a grandfather will explain something to his grand kid and point to your car. Yup, it's great preserving these things...:)

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
In Seattle its rain mixed with snow, 39 degrees. Have an enduro tomorrow at Pacifc Raceways, weather is supposed to be better, rain mixed with snow, 39 degrees.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
74 beautiful degrees today in Cincinnati - drove the Alpine around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes and just enjoyed the weather and the sounds and smells of the car. :D

Nickodell

Donation Time
70 degrees. Would have been perfect - except we went to the next-door kid's funeral. There must have been 80-90 people there, all the parents' families, we neighbors, kids and teacher from school. Only a few of us knew he had killed himself; the obit in the paper just said that he had died suddenly. Probably only a few of us there knew the truch. Emotionally devastating.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Also 70 here. Made a supper run for a burger, then off to Kmart. Running on 3 cylinders the first leg of the journey. A quick parking lot inspection inspection found #4 plug wire had fallen off and the plug boot had shifted on the wire. Slight boot/wire adjustment and the boot snapped nicely onto the plug. Finished the run with only one episode of the wife holding her ears and "You are driving like a maniacal" comment. For some reason, the 2.0 gets LOUD when stepped on. If I don't get at least one of those, it hasn't been enough fun.

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
70 degrees. Would have been perfect - except we went to the next-door kid's funeral. There must have been 80-90 people there, all the parents' families, we neighbors, kids and teacher from school. Only a few of us knew he had killed himself; the obit in the paper just said that he had died suddenly. Probably only a few of us there knew the truch. Emotionally devastating.

Its hard no matter how one's child dies.It must be double hard as we well know.A good friend lost her son to suicide 17 years a go and still she somehow carries on but privately she still has a hard time.
When we lost our son there was in excess of 800 people attending.It shows that one person can touch so many in his or her lifetime.
All you can do Nick is to be there even though it is hard to help.You don't even need to talk but maybe just hug them every now and then.I know it helps.

skywords

Donation Time
74 here today the breeze is blowing the sun is shining the grass is growing and the damn woodpeckers are putting holes in my house. Used the humane way of making a wind chime, blow up owl.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, don't knows about your local species, but around here woodpeckers mean big trouble. They hear grubs and beetles inside of trees and tear the hell out of things trying to get to them. But they do not seem to attack houses. Do your woodpeckers attack sound wood?

Bill

skywords

Donation Time
Rick, don't knows about your local species, but around here woodpeckers mean big trouble. They hear grubs and beetles inside of trees and tear the hell out of things trying to get to them. But they do not seem to attack houses. Do your woodpeckers attack sound wood?

Bill

They sure do it's a big problem here they will peck a 3 inch diameter circle to nest in the wall. Half of my insulation is all over my back yard. The woodpeckers have made three holes on the back wall. :mad:

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
74 here today the breeze is blowing the sun is shining the grass is growing and the damn woodpeckers are putting holes in my house. First tried the humane way of making a wind chime, blow up owl, get the girls choir here to sing to them. Nothing has worked except the spring pellet gun with scope. :D

Delete your thread. The G__d___n things are protected species. They are allowed to destroy homes and property at will. My house in Bellevue Wa looks like swiss cheese every spring

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Wheels of Britain

Great turn out today. Don't have the final count yet but there were some wonderful cars there. Only 2 Sunbeams. Mine and a good friend's Mk2 Tiger which the word "pristene" doesn't quite discribe it. With 2 cars in the class there was only one plaque and I voted for the Tiger... I told him if my car won to demand a recount...:D He cracks me up... When he closes the hood or trunk (bonnet or boot) he places a clean towel between the sheetmetal and his hands.

Next year we hope to have 6 cars there so any and all Sunbeam owners in the Phoenix area and our friends in the state can expect some serious "encouragement" to attend. Geez Louise guys....There were more Deloreans... Six of the darn things... (all the same color incedently...) There was an Allard, a Lagonda, an English built Citroen, an Austin Atlantic....

Come on guys... let's show the colors/colours...

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Such mild spring weather hurts me.Here it will be a balmy 0 degrees F
Snow overnight.Forecast is it will get nice by May.

skywords

Donation Time
How did it get so warm there?

Here it is currently -24F with a high forecast of -10F. Enjoy.

The borders are open you know. I don't know how you guys manage up there. I can't imagine living some place where if the furnace fails you may not wake up.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
How did it get so warm there?

Here it is currently -24F with a high forecast of -10F. Enjoy.

The temperature is dropping.Did you see where the jet stream is?
It will be -24 C tonight in good old Winnipeg.Right now its -12 C.
How come you are talking the F scale for temperature?
Or did you mean Celsius?
How is Saskatoon?We have a niece there.Her husband is very involved with kids hockey.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
The borders are open you know. I don't know how you guys manage up there. I can't imagine living some place where if the furnace fails you may not wake up.

Hi Rick
Why do you think its so much warmer down south from us.Every time we open the doors the heat flows south driven by the north wind.Furnaces don't work with out Hydro.Here the Hydro is excellent.The other day a sqirrel blew the fuse at the transformer.Man they do make a big bang.The squirrel was quite dead.Hydro was here 20 minutes after I called.We do have a wood burner in the family room.Also 2 gas fireplaces that do not depend on hydro.Longest ever with out hydro was 6 hours.I guess we are a bit tougher due to doing what we do but spoiled as well.
Enjoy the day

Tullamore

Donation Time
36ºF here right now but on Wednsday it will get down to 5ºF again. I can't wait for spring, but then it will just be raining all the time.

How come you are talking the F scale for temperature?
Or did you mean Celsius?

Why are you using the C scale for temperature? I think the US most people cannot relate to Celsius. Plus the gradient is less in celsius making it less accurate when using whole numbers of temperature.