• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

South Carolina SOS

65beam

Donation Time
sos

OK,
got another problem. i tried to print the registration form and it comes up saying the file is damaged and could not be repaired . anyone got a copy ?

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
[The food festival that was held last year that created a mess at the motel on the evening of our hospitality party is back again! But, this year our hospitality room party is on Friday 11th so it should not create a problem. We will all be out at Eric's on Saturday night.]

Cheers,
Todd[/QUOTE]

Todd, They need to / should change the way we get to the hotel, driving through the "crowd" in the streets:eek: was not necessary(or much fun) when they should have put a gatekeeper at the blockade (coming up the side street) to let folks with parking passes in.

Tom j

65beam

Donation Time
sos

when i try to open the site for the registration form, it continues to say file is damaged and could not be repaired .

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I can download the registration form at work and at home with no problems. Eric

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hotel reservations made and the show reservations are in the mail. Only bringing the Series IV this year, so no problem with parking. Bob Webb if you bring more than one car let Todd know so he can make special arrangements for you with parking passes. I had problems last year, the hotel would not give me more than one pass. I brought two cars. :) We got it worked out though.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Oh Bob, the show will not be the same without the beautiful Seacrest Green Alpine on display. But I do understand how it can be hard to drive separately and pay for two cars to come. Main thing is that we get to see both you and Judy! The cars are second to that.

Cheers,
Todd

Oh, there is a good chance that I amy be getting a free motel room stay to give away at the SOS for one lucky out of town guest! I'm still working on it!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
As of today these are the cars that are coming:

4 Tigers
7 Alpines
1 Harrington
1 New Alpine

We are about 8 weeks out! Please pre-register prior to August 15th so we can plan better for you.

If you are coming, remember we are having a parts swap at the cookout. Please let someone know about that part you need and bring some parts to trade for it. It's amazing all of the parts you can get in a shoebox and bring with you!

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob, There is a small lot next to the main lot for the trailer and the SUV. You should not have any issues at all. I'll make sure they take good care of you.

65beam

Donation Time
sos

thanks todd. i appreciate it. i'm sure i can find a place to park the trailer. a few sunbeam owners once found me negotiating the streets of woods hole,mass with a trailer carrying a sunbeam so i feel i can take it about anywhere . would i be right to assume the hotel is in a congested area ?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, this motel is in the old historic section of town. Limited space but a very nice Hampton Inn.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a reminder that we are down to 6 weeks to the SOS and Carolina British Classics III.
Friday the 11th will kick off our SOS with a photo shoot, cook-out, ice cream parlor visit and then the party at the hospitality room. Saturday we have the car show from 8:30am till 4:00pm, then off to Eric's house then to the restaurant for some local BBQ. Come join the fun with your fellow Sunbeamers. The registration and motel links are below.

Club site: for show registration
http://www.bccmc.com/index.php/carol..._classics_iii/

Hotel Site: for rooms
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...11/index.jhtml

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey gang,

Pre-registration for this event ends on August 15th, (13 days)! We have all Alpines registered at this time and no Tigers. Where are the Tigers? Please read the previous post for the schedule of this SOS. This is also a planning meeting for the Invasion next year so come on out and play with us!

Jim E.???? Are you coming??

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Tom and Bob,

So far we have ten Alpines pre-registered and another 10 or so saying they are coming but have not pre-registered. Who knows about the Tigers? I have several say they are coming but also have not pre-registered.

The t-shirts will be hunter green with a white show logo on them. The coolers will also be hunter green.

The tentative schedule is as follows:

Tentative schedule for the SOS
Dates for event September 11th - 13th, 2009
Location is Columbia, South Carolina
Host Motel is The Hampton Inn - Vista Location
Web Site for Motel:
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...11/index.jhtml
Registration Form for car show on Saturday:
http://www.capitalfinancialpartners....gistration.pdf

Tentative agenda:

September 11th, 2009
Meet at the Hampton Inn - Vista location at 3:00pm
At 3:30 PM Leave the Hampton Inn in a Sunbeam convoy to Lake Murray drive across the Saluda Shoals dam (Lake Murray dam) Then into the park area around 4:00pm.
At 4:00pm we will have a professional photo shoot with the lake in the background. To have you and your car in the photo shoot is $10.00 per car.
At 4:30 PM we leave the photo area and go 500 feet to the cookout shelter.
From 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM we will have our cookout, parts swap and meeting on the planning of Invasion 2010.
At 6:00 PM we will convoy about 8 miles to a local deli for our Ice Cream dessert.
At 7:00 PM we will drive back to the Hampton Inn - Vista for the hospitality party that runs till 10:00 PM

On September 12th, 2009
The group will enjoy the all British car show - Carolina British Classics III at Weston Lake till 4:00 PM.
Registration for the show starts at 8:30 AM through 12:00 noon.
At 4:30 PM we will convoy to a BBQ restaurant in Elgin, SC for dinner together. This will be about a 20 mile convoy together.
At 6:30 PM we will leave to go to Eric Gibeaut's house to tour his collection of Sunbeams, Minis and other British memorabilia. This is only about 2 miles from the BBQ restaurant.
After dinner we will convoy back to the Hampton Inn and enjoy some free time in the Vista where the party is always going on.

On September 13th, 2009
We have the hospitality room reserved for our group if we want to use it for something on Sunday morning - this is yet to be determined. We could use it as our breakfast area.