• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

South Carolina SOS

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
The plans are being made for the annual Carolina British Classics car show in Columbia, SC. Each year the local British car club has put on this show we have had a SOS to go along with it to make a full weekend of fun. The Carolina British Classics III will be on September 12th this year. Note this is a Saturday vs. a Sunday that we have been on the last two years. The Friday night prior to the show will be a show hospitality party at the host motel. The SOS will have to be Saturday evening this year and Sunday. Eric and I will be working on the details of the SOS in the next few weeks. Please mark your calendars. If there is something you want to happen in a local Sunbeam meet, please pass it on to Eric Gibeaut or myself. Yo Jim E., we want you involved in this one!!

Details will follow on the show and the SOS- This is a Save The Date Notice!

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Todd,
What is the Host Hotel this year?
Eric, We doin' once around the lake ?

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Tom,
I will wrap up the HOST motel today. I am trying to get the same Hampton Inn as we have had in the past. It's just a good motel located right in the middle of the restaurants etc. It will be about 10 miles from the show grounds. I will post today more information as I tidy up those details. Any ideas on what you want this year for our local Sunbeam gathering?

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We here at SCAT's secret HQ are working up plans for the SOS to be held in conjunction with the annual Carolina British Classics Show on Saturday Sept. 12th in Columbia, SC. The show will be at a new location this year-it is at a beautiful park beside a lake with plenty of shade trees and other things to do. I would like to lead a group drive around the lake on the Friday before the show and do a few other things during the weekend. We will also be asking for ideas, input, and HELP for the 2010 Invasion that we will be organizing in Asheville, NC. Stay tuned! Eric

65beam

Donation Time
Sos

eric,
we need some help ! you're forcing my wife to make a tough decision by having a get together on this weekend. do we go to the glen as planned for the vintage or do we go south for the SOS ? where do we find the best weather ? HELP!!!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob that is an easy decision to make-come on down and join us! You know that you want to.....it just HAS to be nicer weather down here at that time of year and there will be more Sunbeams here anyway.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
The registration for the Carolina British Classics III show is now available online at the club's web site. This is probably the only all British car show in the US that has a class for Alpines and Tigers. We have to have three to have a class though. So register early and often! It sure helps us plan better too when we know how many are coming. Be part of the third annual SOS.

Go to this site and then to the calendar section and scroll down to
Sept. 12th.

http://www.bccmc.com/

Cheers,

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Todd,
I'm going to register two Alpines, just like last year. :D Will I have parking problems like last year at the hotel? Let me know.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob, I'll contact the hotel with that concern. They are super to us and I'm sure I will get a couple of parking passes for you. If I have to check in myself to get another pass I'll do it to get you and Judy here!!

I am mailing you a package on Monday. It's an old Classic Motorsports magazine with a picture of Judy's car in it.

Any ideas for the SOS?

Cheers,

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
For those of us who did not make it to SUNI this year come join us at the 3rd annual British car show in Columbia, SC on Sept. 12th, 2009.
http://www.bccmc.com/index.php/carolina_british_classics_iii/
Last year we had 8 Sunbeams at the show and I am sure we can double that number this year. We will be holding a SOS (Sunbeam Owners of the South) event in conjunction with the car show this year. A few Sunbeam drives, a picnic, swap meet, Sunbeam talk at the hospitality suite, do some planning for the Asheville Invasion in 2010, and other events too. Stay tuned! Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
SOS Tentative Schedule

Ok guys and gals, You cannot say we have not talked this event up enough. We are only 10 weeks away so make you plans. The schedule below is subject to change.

Tentative schedule for the SOS
Dates for event September 11th - 13th, 2009
Location is Columbia, South Carolina
Host Motel is The Hampton Inn - Vista Location
Web Site for Motel:
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/CAEDTHX-BCC-20090911/index.jhtml
Registration Form for car show on Saturday:
http://www.capitalfinancialpartners.com/files/14821/Website2009registration.pdf

Tentative agenda:

September 11th, 2009
Meet at the Hampton Inn - Vista location at 3:00pm
At 3:30 PM Leave the Hampton Inn in a Sunbeam convoy to Lake Murray drive across the Saluda Shoals dam (Lake Murray dam) Then into the park area around 4:00pm.
At 4:00pm we will have a professional photo shoot with the lake in the background. To have you and your car in the photo shoot is $10.00 per car.
At 4:30 PM we leave the photo area and go 500 feet to the cookout shelter.
From 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM we will have our cookout, parts swap and meeting on the planning of Invasion 2010.
At 6:00 PM we will convoy about 8 miles to a local deli for our Ice Cream dessert.
At 7:00 PM we will drive back to the Hampton Inn - Vista for the hospitality party that runs till 10:00 PM

On September 12th, 2009
The group will enjoy the all British car show - Carolina British Classics III at Weston Lake till 4:00 PM.
Registration for the show starts at 8:30 AM through 12:00 noon.
At 4:30 PM we will convoy to a BBQ restaurant in Elgin, SC for dinner together. This will be about a 20 mile convoy together.
At 6:30 PM we will leave to go to Eric Gibeaut's house to tour his collection of Sunbeams, Minis and other British memorabilia. This is only about 2 miles from the BBQ restaurant.
After dinner we will convoy back to the Hampton Inn and enjoy some free time in the Vista where the party is always going on.

On September 13th, 2009
We have the hospitality room reserved for our group if we want to use it for something on Sunday morning - this is yet to be determined. We could use it as our breakfast area.

Remember on the 12th at the car show there will be a class for Alpines and a class for Tigers. Heck we may have one for Harrington's and one for Red Tigers! OK Tom, we may even have a class for Green Alpines! This show will have bag pipe playing, the local Oldies Radio station will be playing ole British music through-out the day. a silent auction to raise money for charities. Food vendors, wood steering wheel vendor, wooden dash vendor, and several other cool car vendors. If you register early you will receive a free t-shirt. All cars in the show will receive a free goody cooler full of stuff. With all of this said, the most important thing is we are going to raise money for two really important charities, a camp for kids with cancer called Kamp Kemo and the Juvenile Diabetes Association all while enjoy the fellowship of other Sunbeam enthusiasts!

We hope to see you at this weekend of fun!

Cheers,

Eric and Todd

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Todd said : At 4:30 PM we leave the photo area and go 500 feet to the cookout shelter.
From 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM we will have our cookout.......................:cool:

What's cookin' ?

Tom j

65beam

Donation Time
sos

guts, there is not a hampton inn- vista listed . the web site you have listed comes up as not existing . which hampton is it ????? there are six in the columbia area . could it be the hotel at I26 near the mall ?

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
bccmc.com is the host club web site, the hotel is in the downtown area. I'm sure Todd or Eric will chip in with the details.
So your going to join in ?

Tom j

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Tom-that is the one. Eric

Hampton Inn
822 Gervais Street
Columbia, South Carolina
USA 29201
Tel: +1-803-231-2000

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
The list of Sunbeams are growing for this event. Looks like a couple from Atlanta are pre-registered at this stage. The two main sites are:

Club site: for show registration
http://www.bccmc.com/index.php/carolina_british_classics_iii/

Hotel Site: for rooms
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/CAEDTHX-BCC-20090911/index.jhtml

The food festival that was held last year that created a mess at the motel on the evening of our hospitality party is back again! But, this year our hospitality room party is on Friday 11th so it should not create a problem. We will all be out at Eric's on Saturday night.

Cheers,
Todd