• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Solid looking Alpine

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The top alone is worth the asking price. It is a bit rough, but if the floors aren't all rusted out, it would make a good candidate for a cheap conversion.

Jose :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Compared to the "Rust Weevil" I just picked up, this thing is a GEM!

At least I got the 2 stainless rear window pieces I wanted.

Jeff, don't forget the intake manifold. That thing can be cleaned up be worth about 150.

You are truly a rich man!

Bill

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Yes Bill, there are a couple things I may be able to salvage and end up with my trim for free.
That is to say if I can salvage my clothes which smell of "varnish" from the decades old gasoline!
I should probably see if the crossmember and diff are rebuildable cores, Ian might want them for stock. My only concern is the strength of the front member considering the non-existant front sheetmetal.
Holy mackeral though, does that thing STINK!

Anyhow, I hope someone saves the black/red one here.

T

turbinepete

I will try and get it.

If anybody needs the engine and transmission, let me know. I would however like to keep the OD for my Series 2 if there is one.

Thanks.:)

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
I live appox 15 miles away from Coplay. If I can be of any service to anyone please let me know.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
The car was purchased in Paris and delivered on 12/5/1965. The first service at 500 miles was done in Belgium on 14/5/65.

S

Steve Kirk

The auction was ended early. Did someone buy the car?

Hopefully is will be saved.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Yes, I bought it this afternoon. I made a quick deal and didn't even need a mask or a gun. Actually I bought a hard top with a car attached to it.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Yes, I bought it this afternoon. I made a quick deal and didn't even need a mask or a gun. Actually I bought a hard top with a car attached to it.

Just don't throw the rest of the car away!

Consider yourself lucky, I bought half a hardtop with half a car!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling the seller screwed themselves on this one, I would imagine it to have gone higher than what you probably paid. I guess if the seller had been a true Alpine enthusiast, they would have seen the actual gem they were offering.

Nice buy.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
The owner did know what Sunbeams are but he is mostly a Shelby Mustang man. I also saw a picture of his GT-40 which was referred to as a continuation series built in England powered by a 302 engine. I popped up my tiger project pics and we talked cars.