• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I & II Shock Mount conversion to Tube Type

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
12 1/4" is about right for that shock when the car is on the ground. Those are the right shocks. Bolt the top first and push up to line up with bottom bolt. Is your top bracket right side up. Bottom bracket points down.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Mike, I am a bit puzzled by that. I think you are using Dans design but the measurements should be the same regardless.
The only thing I can think of is that possibly you have the top brackets mounted on the wrong side and upside down. The upper bracket studs should be up high on the rail they bolt against. If any of the bracket is lower than the bottom of the rail then they are on the wrong side and up side down
Hope that helps trouble shooting.

fastfrontier17

Donation Time
I bought kyb
I purchased a set of the Gabriel SVT shock 69622. shcoks (corvette C3 62 - 82) BUT they are too long to mount....Being gas shocks you can not depress them they are 14 1/2 inches center to center and the mounted brackets are 12 1/4 approx (with body jacked up suspension hanging free......Love the brackets but must find a shorter shock

I bought C3 KYB's and thought they were too short at first, but just had to jack up the axle. Worked out well.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, those are what Doug recommended. Let's see who will chime in to resolve your problem....???

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
I did get the gabrials mounted....had to use a floor jack to get bottom on....but seem like good fit.....
DSCF6687.JPG