• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 2 Rear Hubs

britbits

Donation Time

Looking for rear hubs for series 2. The ones for wire wheels. In Southern California
Thanks a bunch!

67basket_case

Donation Time
I took a look at the rear end i have and unfortunately they are lug types. I will be changing up on mine but that wont be for a long while... If you dont find a set by then your welcome to them.

the main issue is i have no idea when i will be doing suspension on the car so i can just go pull them off.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I know it's expensive but in the long run you're better off buying new wire wheels and hubs. It's difficult to find used ones anymore that already aren't worn out. And putting new wheels on used hubs or the other way round will only lead to accelerated wear of the new components.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
As an aside, does anyone have info on the British Wire Wheel rear conversion hubs? On their website they list original hubs and "conversion to wire" rear hubs that are $185 versus $265 for the original hubs. Are these adapters that bolt to the normal lug type rear hubs? This would make switching back and forth much easier if desired. I assume the fronts are the same as it is fairly easy to replace front hubs

http://www.britishwirewheel.com/adapters.htm
Sunbeam Alpine
original - front $240 rear $265
conversion to wire - front $240 rear $185

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
As an aside, does anyone have info on the British Wire Wheel rear conversion hubs? On their website they list original hubs and "conversion to wire" rear hubs that are $185 versus $265 for the original hubs. Are these adapters that bolt to the normal lug type rear hubs? This would make switching back and forth much easier if desired. I assume the fronts are the same as it is fairly easy to replace front hubs

http://www.britishwirewheel.com/adapters.htm
Sunbeam Alpine
original - front $240 rear $265
conversion to wire - front $240 rear $185

Check out E bay there are 13 and 14 ich wire wheels.I think I saw $400.00 a set.These come with a bolt on adapter to fit any bolt pattern plus spinners
You have to tell them backspace etc.They are chrome and look pretty good