• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

RX pine?

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
OK, I'm going to state my opinion here which is far different than many will assume. "Numbers matching" on Alpines is irrelevant. Look at the other post I did about the values of Alpines. There simply is not demand for perfection like that with Alpines. Porsches, sure. Bugattis and Ferraris, you betcha. But, Alpines?

Now don't misunderstand me. I think the stock Alpine can be a marvelous pleasure (as can be a V6 or a Holbay engined Alpine). And, I think many people go the modification route for the wrong reason and would get more fun and driving pleasure by just staying stock and appreciating what it offers (again, many people, not all people).

My point is only that while "numbers matching" is a nice concept in the automotive world, and it would be nice to attach the same meaning to it in the Alpine world, I just don't see it as legitimate.

Go ahead, disagree with me. It's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

C

clodico

She's pretty understanding. We already have kids.
I just went out and took the cover off of the alpine today and it started right up (it had been sitting for a couple of months). I think I may tear it down again and try to fix some of the body work the previous owner did. Ahhh, springtime, oh how it motivates.:)