• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Really big thank you to all

Stormb10

Donation Time
Hey guys,
My son and I have finished our SII project-wow what an amazing fun experience. Please checkout the link below to see the pictures.
We really wanted to express our gratitude to everybody here on the forum for all the great help we've received over the last 7 months. Thank you! We couldn't have done it without everyone. It really takes a village. And of course a really special thanks to Jose for all of his hand holding, patience and expertise. See you on the road. Tom and Storm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80798220@N05/

PS if we can be of help to anybody please don't hesitate to ask.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Beautiful Car!

Makes you Proud no doubt!

Hope you enjoy together, too....

I am planning on doing a '65 SIV Jose V6 Conversion in near future. Might ask you a few questions as it draws closer.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Great job Tom! It didn´t take you long, for all you had to do to it. Now starts the second fun stage; enjoying driving it.

Jose

kmathis

Donation Time
Tom, that is one nice looking car!

Nice pictures of the head work and engine work...from the look of those valves and passages, you won't have any breathing problems when you have your foot in it. What fun.:)

I bet that thing kicks a$$.:D

Good for you!!

mferris

Donation Time
Congratulations - beautiful. I'm doing the same father/son type project - although in my case it's reversed to son/father.

As impressive as the resulting car is the fact that you only have 49 posts to sunbeamalpine.org. I had more questions that than before I picked up the first wrench.

dmich2

Donation Time
Has anyone said congratulations yet? :confused:

A real beauty Tom. You sure should be a proud papa!!

Dennis

Stormb10

Donation Time
Thanks for all the kind words. RHFG, the paint was plain old acrylic urethane from TCP Globel. It's "Hot Rod" red $100 gallon. I didn't use a clear coat. I think I did the whole paint job ( paint, primer and materials) for about $350.

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Hey Tom, the car looks beautiful, you should be real proud of the work you put into it! How does the engine sound/look/feel? Did you replace the rear or go with hardened keys?

BTW, I still haven't had time to install those seats I got from you (or the seat bracket from Nick), but one of these days I will. Insanely jealous seeing your car looking so good! Congrats!

- Garet

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Hi Tom.
Great to see the photos of your finished car. You two have come so far since I saw the project six months ago. The burl dash really looks great!
......Enjoy!

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Tom

Great job it looks like a labor of love and I bet it runs as good as it looks, Enjoy the ride and all the memories, of you and your sons passion.
Send a copy of this to Gerz on Speed network

Stephen

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
It was nice meeting you and your son at the Getogether Tom. The car looks fantastic. You two had me longing for fins after that.