• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

PMs

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I just happen to notice the private messages at the top right corner said I was 100% full.
So when did we go to have a capacity of only 10 messages allowed instead of the 50 that used to be.Maybe somehow I missed a notice or was there ever one posted.
I never before let the PMs get to 50.It was interesting to sometimes go back and check on some item.
Anyone else get caught and maybe miss something that could have been important

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I haven't been on as long as you guys, but for me it's always been 25 max.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
PM space

For me it has always been 25 max but I had been a platinum level donor.

The forum was suppose to be setup based on donation level if I understand correctly. I suspect something was set incorrectly in the forum preferences and "guest" had almost unlimited or possibly 100 was the max., I am not sure which, and that wasn't right.

We have to have some type of limit since we have limited storage space. Attachements, messages, etc. all impact our server space to a degree. This is why limits were put in place I believe.

We have been trying to clean up details regarding admin and moderator permissions with the new officers and this is one detail of forum administration that was corrected. So, please understand.

Steve

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
We have to have some type of limit since we have limited storage space. Attachements, messages, etc. all impact our server space to a degree. This is why limits were put in place I believe.

Steve

OK, so what are the limits?

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Barry,

Basically, there is a limit of 25 PMs for members and 10 PMs for registered guest.
Don't forget the PM system should not be a substitute for direct E-mail.
(and many people have their e-mail addresses attached to their profile)

Steve