• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Panasport wheels

britbeam

Donation Time
Has anyone found a dealer for panasport wheels that they have purchased from. Maybe 14X7 rear & 14X6 front.
Thanks
Dwain V6 Krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
Thanks , currently I have the minators from Vicky Brit but eventually wider wheels and tires will be neccesary with a different rear diff setup that will allow more power to the ground with a little shot of NOS will require more tire width. The minator is just 5.5 inch wide and does limit tire width.
Dwain V6 Krazy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks , currently I have the minators from Vicky Brit but eventually wider wheels and tires will be neccesary with a different rear diff setup that will allow more power to the ground with a little shot of NOS will require more tire width. The minator is just 5.5 inch wide and does limit tire width.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Dwain!!,

You little rascal! I didn't know you were thinking of using a little shot of giggle gas. I think you will have a blast with it. No pun intended.

Jose :)

britbeam

Donation Time
Dwain!!,

You little rascal! I didn't know you were thinking of using a little shot of giggle gas. I think you will have a blast with it. No pun intended.

Well if I ever put the 8" Ford under it. It would be a nice little touch say may be a 50 hp shot but well see. Right now I think it would spin the keys right out of the ole rootes axles. I need to concentrate on the stopping at this point.
Dwain V6 Krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
Dwain, looks like you can go to 205 tires with the 5.5" wheels. How wide were you dreaming?

Bill
Hey Bill have you got a tire web-site you can direct me to or some info about this? I would rather keep my same wheels but the tire stores are telling me Im limited as to tire selection due to width and the wheels being 13 ". I guess because of availability. Not sure Any advice.
DwainV6 Krazy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Dwain,

My rims were 7.5 wide, and the tires were 8" wide. They stuck out a little bit on the front, but in the back, they fit with only bending the inner fender lip up, so it wouldn't cut the tire.

If you want to go with wider tires, you need to go with a wider rim. The tire companies say that the rim shouldn't be more than 1/2" narrower or wider than the tire tread.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dwain, I like to go to the Cooper Tire web site.
http://www.coopertire.com/Flash/index.aspx

They give quite a bit of info and it is easy to navigate. Just click on "View Full Specifications" at the bottom of each tire model page.

I think you will find staying with the 13" wheels is the limiting factor. Max width is 205 for 13" tires regardless of wheel width and that is combined with a low profile, so the overall diameter is something like 22.5".

Tire availibility for 13" rims is terrible and seems to be getting worse every day. Try looking at the passenger car Trendsetter and all weather line. Yeah, crappy selection.

Bill

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I always get my tires from the Tirerack.com. Until a few years ago I was a sworn believer in Yokohama tires and unfortunately they no longer make a 13" tire worth buying ( read: handles) and as I am due for new tires and I've yet to buy my 14" minilites I will buy the Sumitomo HTR 200. I have several friends that run them and drive quite aggresively and are very happy with them.

Here's a link to their tech page for this tire: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec....&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

You can check rim specs, tire sizes etc. here.

they also have a part of their site that helps you find a shop in your area that can mount and balance your tires at a reasonable rate.

My 2cents.

Eric

'62 SerII

Jim E

Donation Time
I have been running Sumitomo for a while now and like them, think they are a lot of tire for the money.

Jim E

Donation Time
The tires are 205 60 13 the rims are the shelby mini lite copies and I think they are 6 inch anyway it is the narrowest width tire rack suggest to use with the 205. These tires are not all that tall shorter than the 185s I ran before so they may not do you much good for ground clearance.... plus I can blow them away in first gear with no problem. Then they require a higher pressure than you would think part of that is due to side wall squirm if you go below about 32-36 pounds, actually I have read this tire want a lot more pressure than that.

Come to think of it it is not enough tire for a V6 car on a 4 it is great. The other day while going on the freeway on a long tight curved ramp I hit the gas hard as the curve straightened and the rear end snapped out, which will get your attention... 65 side ways is ummm interesting...

Right now I am leaning toward sending a set of stock steel rims in and having the centers put in a set of 15 inch rims.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Come to think of it it is not enough tire for a V6 car on a 4 it is great. The other day while going on the freeway on a long tight curved ramp I hit the gas hard as the curve straightened and the rear end snapped out, which will get your attention... 65 side ways is ummm interesting.

Now you know how much fun you can have.
On the Lister 7 inch wide rims are not really enough.I don't dare hit the pedal hard at the point you describe.I must wait till I'm straight and going pretty good before flooring it.
But isn't it SOOO GRRREAT

britbeam

Donation Time
Thanks Jim,
I see Tire Rack is listing 51lbs for pressure and they say they will fit the 5.5 rims. Sure cant beat the price either. Im running the 155s now so these 205s should be better. I have new springs on the rear now so the car has a little higher stance. Thanks for you input.
DwainV6 Krazy