• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

One more Miata motor install

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Well, I thought it might be good to remind folks that not only is the underneath of his car cool, the top side is really cool too. Of course, the other two cars help complete the image - the good old blue, white and red. I love this picture - though I'm admittedly biased.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Alpine Three at Show.jpg
    Alpine Three at Show.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 179

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Still waiting for the axle bearing, so I finished up the parking brake cables today. Made the ends for the cables to work with the Mazda brakes.
IMG_0682-L.jpg

IMG_0683-L.jpg

RIMG0389-L.jpg

RIMG0392-L.jpg

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Axles all done and installed, the rear-end is complete. Now I can start looking at the Toyota Prius brake master cylinder.
RIMG0395-L.jpg

RIMG0399-L.jpg

RIMG0400-L.jpg

RIMG0401-L.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well, I thought it might be good to remind folks that not only is the underneath of his car cool, the top side is really cool too. Of course, the other two cars help complete the image - the good old blue, white and red. I love this picture - though I'm admittedly biased.

attachment.php

Jay am i right in saying you are the only rootes motor in that lineup?

DemkoG

Donation Time
How do those tires/ wheels fit?
The 205 50 15 or 205 45 16 is the size I want to run because of that is the size on the miata. That way if I match the rear end gearing then the computer will produce the right speedo signal. and it will keep the mazda shift points/feel of the miata. What are you running up front for back spacing? Thank you I feel like I will be stealing a lot of your ideas.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Steal away, glad to help.
I am running Yokohama S-drive 185/55-15 on 15x6 25mm off-set rims in front and 205/50-15 on 15x7 20mm off-set in the rear. With this combo the sidewall size is the same front and rear. Remember mine is a Series II with a different front end then the later series, so am not sure if 25mm off-set will work up front. My rear wheel wells are rolled and my rear axle is 51.75" flange to flange.
IMG_3721-L.jpg

IMG_2915-L.jpg

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Had some time today to weld a pedal with master cylinder onto my jig and bled the brakes. With all new seals, hoses and lines I thought it would be a good idea to check for leaks, all dry.
RIMG0564-L.jpg