• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need bolt on wire wheel conversion parts

L

lvc2jag

I am new and I am trying to find a bolt on conversion for a 4.25 bolt pattern to wire wheels. Anyone know a source or have the parts to bolt on the adapters and put a wire wheel on.
Thanks in advance.
Ray

napa 1

Donation Time
British Wire Wheel Company in California carries the bolt on adapters for the rear wheels, but on the front you actually have to switch hubs. They also have the splined front hubs in stock. I bought mine from them and used them on my car. They are excellent quality and the owner is very helpful.

How did I do with my grammar and punctuation Nick?;)

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I am new and I am trying to find a bolt on conversion for a 4.25 bolt pattern to wire wheels. Anyone know a source or have the parts to bolt on the adapters and put a wire wheel on.
Thanks in advance.
Ray

Actually I do have a set of adaptors.They bolt on to the existing Sunbeam hub.They are coarse thread and have 2 ear spinners
If you are interested I will go dig them out.Also have 4 14 inch wire wheels that will fit.The adaptors were made using a MG hub.Wheels are MG
Will sell very reasonable.Shipping may not be as reasonable
I think I also have the proper hubs for wire wheels up to I think the series 4 as series 5 rear hubs are a bit different.Ihave 13 inch wheels as well but need to check condition

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Swap the other way

I'm looking at swapping from wires to alloy. Is there a kit for that for the front? I'd be using a Mustang Rear Axle so I'm not worried about the rears.

mikephillips

Donation Time
No kit that I'm aware of, you have to just find the bolt on hubs used. But at least fronts from any series Alpine will do since they're the same and you don't need to worry which side they cam off of since they're not handed like wire wheel hubs.