• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion XI Car Show Information

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Here are 14 award categories for the Invasion Car Show which may be fine tuned by Invasion time

People's Choice Best of Show
Best Series I
Best Series II
Best Series 3
Best Series IV
Best Series V
Best Tiger
Best Rootes (Other)
Best Jose V6 conversion
Best Engine conversion (other)
Diamond in the Rough
Poker Rally Winner
Longest Distance Driven to Invasion
Best British Car (non Sunbeam/Rootes)

All British cars are welcome!

Regards,

Jack

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Here are 12 trophy categories for the Invasion Car Show -

People's Choice Best of Show
Best Series I
Best Series II
Best Series 3
Best Series IV
Best Series V
Best Tiger
Best Rootes (Other)
Best V6 conversion
Diamond in the Rough
Poker Rally Winner
Best British Car (non Sunbeam/Rootes)

All British cars are welcome!

Regards,

Jack

Jack
I se no modified or is the Rootes other supposed to include modified

jack Bacon

Donation Time
HI Chuck,

Modified awards were changed to -
Best Jose V6 engine conversion
Best engine conversion (other)

Long distance award added also

Jack

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
HI Chuck,

Modified awards were changed to -
Best Jose V6 engine conversion
Best engine conversion (other)

Long distance award added also

Jack

Jack
Thats better but what about "modified" as in really modified which includes engine,body and interior.Or in other words far from stock.
The Lister has stock doors.stock bumpers and stock headlights.Nothing else is stock.The 62 has fender flares.modified suspension etc.
I maybe blowing my own horn but I'm sure there is others far from stock.I do not mean personalized as to color etc.
Now to the nitty gritty.I am not worried about winning trophies as I do have a couple from Suni which is all I need to have.The cars have the miles on them so really to place is not so likely anyway.The 62 has about 180000 miles now.I changed the V6 to the Ford racing 302 engine at 175000 miles.I really was trying for 200000 but it was tired.The Lister has been on the road since 1994 so it has a few miles.My cars are drivers and will never be a concours,

As to which one I will bring will be decided most likely just before leaving

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Chuck

You make some excellent points. I suggest some additional discussion, both on the forum and by the Invasion XI folks, is appropriate and necessary. Thanks for the input.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Chuck,
The Spirit of Lister is a car I've been wanting to see in person since I heard about your build years ago. As it looks like I won't be able to make the Invasion, I'm going to be severely bummed if this is the car you bring. :rolleyes:

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Car Show

Chuck:
Excellent points on modified cars. We went to Maine to the TE/AE United
with the Alpine entered as a modified car on the regristration form....
however it seems that everthing is personalized now and, we,re all lumped
in one class I find it hard to fathom that a V6 Alpine is not modified, or
a Tiger with a 5 speed and a 347 for that matter, we got dunned for not having an owners manual, jack etc. there are a lot of modified cars and the classes should be set accordingly, and as you stated at SUNI we got an award for a modified car just my O2's worth (wonder what will happen when we show up with the Tiger were building)

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck:
Excellent points on modified cars. We went to Maine to the TE/AE United
with the Alpine entered as a modified car on the regristration form....
however it seems that everthing is personalized now and, we,re all lumped
in one class I find it hard to fathom that a V6 Alpine is not modified, or
a Tiger with a 5 speed and a 347 for that matter, we got dunned for not having an owners manual, jack etc. there are a lot of modified cars and the classes should be set accordingly, and as you stated at SUNI we got an award for a modified car just my O2's worth (wonder what will happen when we show up with the Tiger were building)

Hi Joel

I could maybe if I stretched it go with a 5 speed as personalized if all else was exactly stock.Personalized though to me is maybe paint color or interior color.I believe that 3 minor choices or changes under personalized used to put a car into modified.Engine changes.Body mods.Interior mods etc.You get the picture.That is MODIFIED.
Fortuantely I no longer care if I'm judged or not so it does not bother me.
I have taken the Lister to some shows and hardly ever sat down as i end up talking to so many people and then we have to see their car.I get quite a few beer offered this way.I was invited to bring the Lister to the big Rodorama this weekend but declined even though I would not have to pay.
I do think Joel you will have many interested people talking to you if you bring that Tiger

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
All of this is why we had a somewhat different breakdown of categories at Invasion V. Don't remember them all, but two were "Best Red Alpine" and Best Non-Red Alpine". The long distance award, the "Hard Ass Award" (a steel implement seat) was won by George Farrell. The next morning he packed it up and set off for Kentucky Lake for some fishing, about 250 miles farther away!

Ah yes, those were the days.

Bill

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
show

Chuck:
The point being are there really any un modified cars? (Im sure we'll get a lot
of opinions on that) don't think well have the Tiger ready for some time just
took the crossmember model to be lasered out yesterday did finish the rear
however enjoy Mn. looks like we may not make it!