• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Identify these wheels?

65beam

Donation Time
Allan,
Pull up revolutionwheels.com. The Revolution Wheels site has all the contact info you'll need. Contact them and tell them what you are looking at and let them give you a definite answer instead of speculation and maybe if's.

Last edited:

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks, I'm not familiar with bolt on spline adaptors.

The car currently has a set of stock Alpine 13" spoke wheels that have never been "put to the torque test." The Minator's
looked to be a good trade into 14" wheels - hopefully without changing hubs.

So far, the fallback plan has involved 14" Porsche wheels, using a Tiger rear end and 4 lug front hubs.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Allan,
Pull up revolutionwheels.com. The Revolution Wheels site has all the contact info you'll need. Contact them and tell them what you are looking at and let them give you a definite answer instead of speculation and maybe if's.
Thanks, I'll do that.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Allan for what its worth the tigers broke the spokes in the wheels not spun the splines on the hubs...

So the splines are probably ok. Alpine wheels will fit on MGB splines... And there are some quite robust Bs out there...more HP than torque though.

Od speak with dayton wheels... Those guys have alot of options and are at least stateside

65beam

Donation Time
Why call a Ford dealer to ask about a GM part? The contact phone number for Revolution Wheels is listed but keep in mind that they are five hours ahead of us here in the Eastern time zone. I call Speedy Spares quite often and unless your phone is blocked for calls out of the country it's an easy task. I prefer to call and discuss things.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bob are you suggesting that revolution made the splines for rootes...???

The wheels and splines work together... If the splines on the car will hold up so will the ones on the wheels....

65beam

Donation Time
I'm not sure why you would ask that but why not call a Revolution wheels dealer and ask if there would be a problem if used with a V6? Revolution dealers know the specs, limitations, etc of their product. Make the Revolution dealer aware of your plans and they'll have answers and quite possibly suggestions. Revolution as well as other labels have a strong presence in the states. Moss Motors is a reputable parts house that sells several brands of wheels including Minator so I'm sure they could point Allan in the right direction. They may have state side contact info available.