• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

HLM hatch spring redone

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Here is a nice one for all you HLM restorers:

If you seek for a replacement of your old worn/ scored rear hatch spring just get a normal/used Alpine Engine chain tensioner (the steel part w/o the rubber). It can be cut /carefully bent to shape and since it´s made of spring steel it has the necccessary spring characteristics to open your hatch properly . Get it chromed for the final looks.

Have done it and it looks superb...

65beam

Donation Time
harrington spring

i had two new ones made. the plating shop that i use in middletown, pa is also a fabrication shop. i took one of mine to him and they duplicated and chromed it.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
If so it would be certainly interesting to have them do more for the HLM crowd. I´m quite sure there should be a need. How about doing another 10 pieces. What was the price ?

65beam

Donation Time
hatch spring

i think it was around 100.00 to make and plate it. but that was four years ago.

napa 1

Donation Time
I'd be interested in one. Although I have an extra tensioner standing by for the Bernd technique. :)