• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gearbox removal got stuck

AlsPine

Donation Time
If you are going to do an engine rebuild, why not find a 1725 and upgrade.
Rick has new 1725 short blocks.
You will need to swap out the pistons though as those blocks are low compression blocks.
But the best bet is to find a complete 1725, then you have everything you need.

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
If you are going to do an engine rebuild, why not find a 1725 and upgrade.
Rick has new 1725 short blocks.
You will need to swap out the pistons though as those blocks are low compression blocks.
But the best bet is to find a complete 1725, then you have everything you need.
I considered that way with Rick. It's more than the pistons. Oil pan and more is involved. I ve ended up rebuilding the engine and I am very happy with the result. Besides being matching numbers it was a lot of fun and runs really nice

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
Whatv did you end up doing about the pressure plate?
I had it rebuilt from a shop in San Diego. I had to ship the parts from Oregon. I was very happy with the result and customer service. I can give you the business info if you want