• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fun Alpine Pictures

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
Sunbeam flashing the Batman signal..

53105023909_7dd0a3784d_b.jpg

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like a very nice drive. We have some roads here that are like that, but shorter. Still fun and I take them whenever possible, regardless of what I'm driving.
Bill

CIAguy

Donation Time
Just took these today. First drive after fitting the hardtop! I bought this 63 series 2 in May....

Always wanted a Sunbeam - must have been because of Get Smart Reruns! It worked...I was a CIA Ops officer for a career.....

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 37
  • thumbnail-6.jpeg
    thumbnail-6.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 39

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Wow! CHUM 1050. Best AM radio station in the 60's. And the O'Keefe Centre, Took my wife there on our first date. saw Engleburt Humperdink with the Carpenters as his opening act.
Great memories, thanks for posting.
Bob

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Picture from the 60’s of Canada’s Air Force, (RCAF), aerobatics team, the Golden Hawks, in front of the CL-13 Sabre jets they flew. I do not know what Series this Alpine is

Attachments

• 03892134-E788-4243-AEB9-3B3951228B38.jpeg
    03892134-E788-4243-AEB9-3B3951228B38.jpeg
    881.6 KB · Views: 35

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great photo! I tweaked it a bit for you. Looks like a Series I to me... the door side window trim seems consistent.

On edit... I found the original of that photo... very cool! The (erroneous) caption of the photo is "The RCAF Golden Hawks Aerobatic Team at RCAF Station Sea Island to fly at exhibition and fairs in the lower mainland and Vancouver Island, British Columbia. They were joined for a photo op by the owner of this Sunbeam Tiger in their colour scheme."

62dd23c9788269443ceff4b7_GH%20with%20car.jpg

Given that Alpine was in "their colour scheme" one can only assume it was this color... must have looked pretty nifty!

60f81e7438aa9c6bfa37fba6_Canadair-CL-13-Sabre-Mk--5--Serial-No--23314---Peter-Handley.jpeg

Attachments

• Jetbeam.jpg
    Jetbeam.jpg
    678.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Given that Alpine was in "their colour scheme" one can only assume it was this color... must have looked pretty nifty!
It's not my best work, but here's how it might've looked.

Attachments

• RCAFAlpine.png
    RCAFAlpine.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Saw my first Alpine in Toronto as winter was clearing early 61. We lived on Dufferin St. it was Red.