• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Finished

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Well at last I am finished
I still want to paint the inside door edges to match.I covered the soft top panels and I like the look.
Last picture shows my spoiler.

SDuncan

Donation Time
Wow! That is awesome, Chuck! When should I send mine down?:D What is the spoiler from? I am thinking about putting an Alpine front valance back on. The one I made looks fine but it seems a little fragile. I have dented it twice just sitting in my garage. I like the extra little bit at the bottom you added.

skywords

Donation Time
Good Show!! What imagination and good taste with the interior mods. Love the center hand brake. Panel is well done and thought out. Seats look as though you could go 300 miles at a stretch with out Prep H. Air Dam on valance should be useful above 100 clicks. Keep up the good work.

Rick

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Wow! That is awesome, Chuck! When should I send mine down?:D What is the spoiler from? I am thinking about putting an Alpine front valance back on. The one I made looks fine but it seems a little fragile. I have dented it twice just sitting in my garage. I like the extra little bit at the bottom you added.

Hi Scott
Thanks for the kind word.The spoiler is from Moss Motors,part# is 475-180 and is for a MGB.Cost is $134.95.It will fit the Sunbeam valance.The outside corners pull in slightly and may need a slight trim to line up with the fender line.i used a center bracket attached to the valance and it lines up exactly with a ridge in the spoiler.
Skywords.
Thanks for the kind words.The seats are 74 Mustang.They are the same seats we had when we first did the 62.We made it back from Suni 1 in Snowmass,Colorado to Fargo ND in one stretch.That was long enough.Yes much more comfortable than stock seats.The spoiler just makes the look and yes it was there when we first took the 62 out back in 1979.
I'm waiting for spring

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice work Chuck: I can hardly wait for my next trip to Winnipeg to be able to view it up close.
Greetings to the family!

from really cold South Dakota,

Paul

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Well Done Chuck...

Looks better than when we saw it back in August.

I look forward to seeing it in person when I drive by (en-route to Targa 2008) again next year.

Dan Moore

Donation Time
Nice job Chuck looks great .The brake location is a new twist is it to acomadate the 8" ford rear emerg system ? Well Done

Dan Moore

Alan F

Donation Time
Chuck,

The car looks great. What did you use for a steering column? It doesn't look Sunbeam to me.

Alan F

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
What a great Custom Job!

I love those nice big seats with the head rest, comfey and extra neck protection. I like the center console with the speakers in each side I had that ideal but not the Mojo do get it done, kudos to you it looks wonderful. Looks like that stering column is a close match to my 80 something buick tilt column they used in mine, hey as long as it works!

Great JOB Chuck!

Donna
;)

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Just to let you know.
The steering column is Mustang.The center brake I think was Mustang as I had it on the shelf.Yes it is to make the Ford E brake easy to work.Easy to pull and works VERY GOOD.The center console where the radio is maybe a shade wide for a 6 footer like me.The moldings on the console are one piece from dash to back that I made of metal padded with foam from pipe insulation cut in half and upholstered.I was in one of those ??? moods yesterday so I started the car up as it hasn't run since November.Big mistake as it made me really ANXIOUS to see spring.Yes I can run the car indoors.I have the exhaust tubing that I can hook up to an attachment on the exhaust fan housing.With the fan running there is not a hint of exhaust fumes.