• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Emergency brake rods

canuck pride

Donation Time
Hi guys,,, just wondering if any has any pics or access to pics of the emergency brake system on a stock 1967 alpine. I’m pretty sure that I’m missing some peace’s. Thanks.

canuck pride

Donation Time
Thanks mike for the pics,,, but I don’t think I had 2 flex cables. Just ordered a cable from SS and didn’t mention 2 of them.
This pic I’m sending is all I have. A cable is on order. Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 12

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks mike for the pics,,, but I don’t think I had 2 flex cables. Just ordered a cable from SS and didn’t mention 2 of them.
This pic I’m sending is all I have. A cable is on order. Mike

CP,

A sV only uses one cable. The pics in the quoted thread has the OP comparing his old against his new E-brake cable.

The rod connects to left E-brake lever while the E-brake cable goes through the rod's "stirrup" capturing the cable housing (free end of rod is located in a grommet in the small bracket on the rear of the axle housing), then the cable end connects to the E-brake lever on the right side. Operation is by the reaction of the cable to cable housing pulling against each other.

Hope this helps,

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
My series V has the self-adjusting brakes. It has:
1. The handbrake lever and associated mounting hardware.
2. The handbrake cable, which you ordered from SS. The cable attaches to the adjustment mechanism at the right wheel.
3. The solid rod you posted a picture of connects to the left rear brake.
4. There are small springs attached to the activation lever on each wheel.

Solid rod attachment:
upload_2021-11-12_16-27-17.png

upload_2021-11-12_16-30-14.png

Right rear wheel:
upload_2021-11-12_16-31-15.png

Cable to rod attachment (behind the differential housing):
upload_2021-11-12_16-34-58.png

You can see I am missing the grommet for the free end of the solid rod.

Mike