• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

driving my 62

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Well I now have 120 miles on the 62.
At 35 miles went into town to an all British show.The weather was warm and almost made it but the coil went and cut out.Started after cooling down for a while.New super coil went in so that problem was cured
Went out today with temperatures at 94F at 7AM The car ran good but slowly getting warm at every light.would cool down when running for a few miles.It was now 98F and almost home but a train held things up.As it was almost clear it backed all the way up.Started off and OH OH it stalled.Figured it was hot as gauge was 220 so opened hood and much to my surprise the wire from the ditributor to coil came out from the coil.Taped it in secure and was on the way.Changed this when I got home.I do hope thats it for problems
Oh yes the car never boiled over or lost fluid so that is good to know
Must say I'm very pleased with the 302.So tempting to burn a little rubber as it is so easy to do but I'm glad to say I did not show off.

bluoval

Donation Time
62 heating up

hi chuck must be a good feeling to get the 62 on the road.did you shut it down while waiting for the train to pass??? when im stuck in traffic the tiger temp continues to rise dont know how how high it will go i always chicken out and shut it down before it starts to boil orderer a march water pump pully to overdrive the water pump today and plan to fab a lower shroud and install it at the same timealond with the pully.. saw a tiger at a cincinnati car show last sunday that was running a griffin 4 row with 2 -10 inch elect pushers and no engine fan couldnt track down the owner to find out if it stayed cool in traffic . good luck earl blu oval

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi earl
No I didn't shut it down .I figured it would just be hotter if I did.
I really wanted to see if it would hold.It did not boil over or leak but I was thinking if it does then I know something.Even as hot as the engine was it started quite well when I stuck the coil wire back in place.Even at 220 degrees I still had 25 pounds oil pressure at idle.Idle speed is a bit slow at 600RPM so I need to set it a bit higher. I think I will set it at 675.I still need to play a bit with the carb so I'll do it all at the same time.I also will be setting the timing up a few degrees more.
Its hot again today.103 F.Outside working for an hour and I'm soaked from sweating.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Chuck it is 103 in Canada?! Wow-here in South Carolina it is only about 85 right now-feels like a spring morning compared to some of the temps and humidity we have seen this summer. Guess there really is something to this global warming. Have fun with your 62-hope you can bring it down to the lower 48 sometime so we can get a look at it. Eric

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
C'mon Chuck, sounds like it's running good enough to make the Invasion!
Jeff
Yes it seems to be running great and I don't think anything will go wrong with it.And yes I'm sure it would make it to the Invasion but that is just one of the many things that won't happenning at least for awhile yet.We just don't have the energy right now.It will soon be a year since we lost one of our sons and the zeal is not there.The car is one reason I did not loose my sanity.
There are a few changes I want to make this winter and one of them is getting the front end higher.I'm running Tiger springs and Mustang spindles.This combination gets the front just a bit too low.The spoiler only has a few inches clearance and we have speed bumps which makes one careful not too damage the spoiler.
The other is to change the tranny. I don't like the ratios on the 3.8 Tbird turbo T5 tranny which I used. Mind you it shifts as smooth as silk.I do have another T5 on the shelf from a 90 Mustang which should be better.And then I think 14 or 15 inch wheels maybe nice.I still need to paint the trailer and finish its interior.
This forum is also a help and I do enjoy being part of it.
One of these days maybe I'll get it back together and get down that way

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck it is 103 in Canada?! Wow-here in South Carolina it is only about 85 right now-feels like a spring morning compared to some of the temps and humidity we have seen this summer. Guess there really is something to this global warming. Have fun with your 62-hope you can bring it down to the lower 48 sometime so we can get a look at it. Eric

We had a nice little storm last night.Temperature is a nice 82 right now.
The storm was not like a month ago_Our car and truck were outside.No the sunbeams and the model a were inside.Hail damage was 4000 car and 2700 truck.Thank goodness for goverment insurance.Very generous and only 200 deductible.Can't even buy the paint for that.
I do hope to have fun with the 62 and maybe one day I'll get it all together and make a trip.Now just to figure how I can drive 2 cars at the same time.