• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

clearance

bluoval

Donation Time
hi all just noticed that the steering rack on the tiger is about 1/2 inch in front of the crank pulley it is so close that you cant take the fanbelt off. dont know why .also the fan is realy close to the rad. checked the motor mounts to see if they were reversed and therefore seting the engine forward and they are not. my timing cover is 2 1/2 inches from block to water pump and the water pump is the short alum version from ss the generator is a bit out of alignment by about 1/2 to 5/8 inch and was resolved by using shims to move the gen forward. question are there dif thickness timing cover, are there dampners that move the crank pulley foreward ?( it is the 3 bolt version )? i did not do the build of my tiger so i dont realy know what was used in the engine build it is a 289 so im told and maybe when the engine swap was done some of the parts used in the tiger were set aside and others used in their place i just dont know..i have the engine out now and want to correct the problem prior to the install. any ideas??? thanks earl blu oval

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Earl
Didn't you get an answer to this before.I also thought it was the wrong pulley.If you had to move the alternator forward to line up the belt then I would definitley look at that.Yes the pulley is close but one can remove the belt.Have you tried removing the belt by angling it sideways.This sometimes helps.
I cannot help you on the pulley.On the 62 my pulley came from a mid 80's truck with the 302 and the front pulley was removed.This is a machine shop job as it should be done on a lathe.They will even roll the edge which makes it nice.

bluoval

Donation Time
chuck did not rcv your answer thanks for the tips i have an after market dampner and i think yhat is the problem a local ford guy is going to take a look at it tues went to a car show today abd questioned the ford guys about tjis most all said that at one time or another they had pulley alignment problems i thought thay there might be some parts ehat are unique to the tiger never had these problems with the bow tie thanks earl blu oval???

mikephillips

Donation Time
The pulley used on the Tiger crank wasn't a car or truck pulley. Doug Jennings told me it was actually from a tractor application, although I don't recall which onw, and was shorter than a normal Ford car/truck piece. I suspect someone must have thought it was the same thing and didn't reuse the original.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The pullies were from a Ford Forklift, the parts if you can find them are very expensive! I think I still have the part numbers if you need them or just make them from stock Ford pullies, thats what I did:eek: