• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Changing of the guard.... or V6 kit progress

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Uhh, to see who will be doing the majority of the labor installing the kit, simply look in the mirror.

Bill

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum last night for the main reason of a V6 conversion. I own a 64' series IV. From reading these posts it sounds like V6 Jose is letting someone else produce the kits??? I am very interested in joining the line of people waiting for kits. I'm not sure who to contact or the costs of the complete kit, or even who will eventually be doing the majority of the labor installing the kit. Any help would be appreciated.

I have lots to catch up on.
Hi Chris,

I am not letting anyone else produce the kits. I just have a new partner, and we are looking for a new fabricator. We will still be maintaining the same quality that we had before.

I would suggest doing the conversion yourself, so that it will be done to your satisfaction. It isn't a one week end job, but it can be done by anyone that wants to do it. I have had several customers that hadn't ever turned a wrench before, much less attempt a conversion. The oldest customer to do the conversion, was a guy that was 75 years old when he began the project. It took him two years to completely restore his Alpine, along with doing the conversion. He was not a mechanic, but he wanted to do it himself. Several times, he thanked me for giving him a reason to get up every morning.

I also had several guys that had others do the work, and it was done poorly. A guy named Vince, from Norfolk, Virginia, (I think that is where Norfolk is) never got a chance to enjoy his V6 Alpine, although he had it for 12 years, before he decided to sell it, because it had been done poorly. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Rob Wiseman admits to never having worked on a car before in his life, yet he says that he had enjoyed it so much, that he decided to do another conversion, on a parts car he had. This one will have a hot engine, with better brakes and handling.

Below, you will find an old price sheet and parts list. It will give you an idea of what we produce; and the prices, while not current, will give you an idea of what the parts can cost.

We will let the guys know when we can begin supplying the parts. If you want to send me a P.M., telling me that you want on the list, I will see to it that you get one.

Jose :)

P.S.

ALPINE SIX PARTS LIST PRICE SHEET

Basic Kit:
Motor Mounts, Transmission Support Cross member, Equal Length Tubular Headers.
Cost: $910

Modified Steering Link:
Cost: $165

Alternator Bracket:
Cost: $100

Pilot Bearing Adapter:
Cost: $100 + $5.00 shipping

Modify Thermostat Housing
Cost: $45 exchange

Shipping and Handling:
Cost: $55

Prices subject to change without notice.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
V6 conversion kit

Jose, did you put me on the wait list? If I can be of any help in getting it done please let me know.
Thanks/Doug

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Jose, did you put me on the wait list? If I can be of any help in getting it done please let me know.
Thanks/Doug
Hi Doug,

I think you sent me an e-mail already, but you could send me another, with the title V6 Kit, or something like that. That way I'll be sure to have it.

Jose:)