• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Car Find - following a lead

britbeam

Donation Time
Sometimes opportunity comes and its just the wrong timing. Jose a Bugeye with a V6 would be a scream and clearance would be much better I would think than our Alpines. Love that flip top hood is a neat feature .
Dwain V6 Krazy

Duke

Donation Time
The other problem I had, was a wife that wouldn't have understood why, when we were low on money, facing uncertainty, I wanted to buy another sports car. Life sometimes gets in the way.

I understand. When we were first married and living in Oceanside CA money was scarce. One time we were down to about $20 for several days. I bought a car magazine that featured British cars and my new wife lost it. I still don't understand why and 15 years later she still brings it up.

Woman :confused: :confused:

66Tiger

Donation Time
15 Years...you got a ways to go Duke...my mom is working on 45 years of stories and complaining.

When my parents were first married my dad had to sell his car, my mom got tired of taking a car to the grocery story with open headers and drag slicks. It was their only car, driven to work during the week and raced on weekends.

Later my dad turned around and traded their brand new car (and only car) and some cash for a 9 year old car with a blown engine sitting in the trunk.

My dad still has the car, a 1956 Corvette, and my mom still threatens to put it out on the curb on trash day as soon as my dad dies...

Paul

I understand. When we were first married and living in Oceanside CA money was scarce. One time we were down to about $20 for several days. I bought a car magazine that featured British cars and my new wife lost it. I still don't understand why and 15 years later she still brings it up.

Woman :confused: :confused:

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Unfortunately, most women don't understand what cars mean to us guys. They think security first, second and last. I guess we should be glad though, because without them, we men wouldn't have much.

I have to thank my wife, because she helps me keep balance in my life. Without her, I'd probably be living in a single wide somewhere out in the sticks. living on hot dogs and chili beans. I would though, have the turbo charged, nitrous oxide injected, Alpine I've always dreamed of, since I sold the turbo charged Alpine I used to have.

By myself, I don't worry too much about tomorrow, because I may not be here for it.:D

Jose :)

mikephillips

Donation Time
Ran across a disassembled 1983 MGTA just across town from me and the guy made me too good a deal to walk away from. It was the parts car for his 36. Don't have it back together yet but at least I have one of at most 3000 of them. And a genuine prewar private competition car.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Serious question: What is an "MGTA"? I've owned four MGs over the years and followed the different models as they came out, and the only one that resembles MGTA, the MG TA (note the space) was a pre-WWII predecessor to the better-known TC, TD and TF.

JonPiz

Donation Time
The MG TA was built between 1936 and 39 so I reckon its a 38 model and he just hit the keys in the wrong order!!!

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
OK, I made the long trek back to see if I could take to the owner. I did and to my surprise........it is Two Tigers! He has had them for 30 years so I just talked Sunbeam with him. Going to bring him some parts and work it slow! ;)

Paul