• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Candian dollar VS US Dollar

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
OUCH

So.our dollar is going down down.

Had to,bite the bullet today and order a small item from stateside. It cost me 36 cents on the dollar.. Thank goodness the item was only $9.00.
It even looks like our dollar will even dip lower.

Hopefully I,will not need to buy again from the US till maybe the dollar improves

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Chuck, I assume you mean the Maple Leaf (Canadian) Dollar needs improvement?

I'd like to see the US Dollars on the Gold/Silver Standard

DanR

alpine_64

Donation Time
OUCH

So.our dollar is going down down.

Had to,bite the bullet today and order a small item from stateside. It cost me 36 cents on the dollar.. Thank goodness the item was only $9.00.
It even looks like our dollar will even dip lower.

Hopefully I,will not need to buy again from the US till maybe the dollar improves

Chuck, commodity driven currencies are bound to drop at the moment, look on the upside.. Postage from the usa doesn't cost you much!

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck, commodity driven currencies are bound to drop at the moment, look on the upside.. Postage from the usa doesn't cost you much!

Hi Micheal
True but we are taxed as well on any shipping charges. The Dollar dropped a bit this morning.
Bloody cold here.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Well it is costing us Canucks $1.46 today to buy one US dollar. Like if we order parts it will be more or less double the part price by the time we get it
That is the exchange rate to buy dollars and not exactly what we would be charged when buying parts
OUCH!!!!

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well it is costing us Canucks $1.46 today to buy one US dollar. Like if we order parts it will be more or less double the part price by the time we get it
That is the exchange rate to buy dollars and not exactly what we would be charged when buying parts
OUCH!!!!

Wait for the Chinese GDP figures in a few hours.. Then we'll see if things pickup or dive... They did strengthen the Yuan which has stabilised things a bit globally .... But if GDP and retail down expect commodity economies to take another stumble

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Wait for the Chinese GDP figures in a few hours.. Then we'll see if things pickup or dive... They did strengthen the Yuan which has stabilised things a bit globally .... But if GDP and retail down expect commodity economies to take another stumble

Micheal
The loonie seems tied to,the low low oil prices. Our niece is an executive in one of the big oil companies. Says they need $60.00 barrel,price to break even.