• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bottom of the Barrel?

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Anyone else notice the "Harrington" section move to the top,
and the "Modified" section dropped to the bottom of the forum listings?
Now THAT"S discrimination!
Just an observation.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Anyone else notice the "Harrington" section move to the top,
and the "Modified" section dropped to the bottom of the forum listings?
Now THAT"S discrimination!
Just an observation.

LOL! You know Jeff, if I ever get to meet you I won't know whether to smack you or hug you. You excel at stirring the pot! I thought Scofield was the king, but you continue to raise the bar! :D ;)

65beam

Donation Time
harringtons

what's wrong with harrington's being at the top of the list? i think it's great! and it's not discrimination .they deserve to be at the top.i guess us harrington owners are somewhat different in our thoughts.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I don't mind Harringtons being at the top of the list but to put MODIFIED after parts for sale/wanted is a bit much.Thats about as polite as I can be.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Well I guess then when we see Paul Krog at the Invasion we can take him out to the town square and have him flogged! The poor guy just added a new forum based on the request of a Harrington owner and this is what he gets. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to send any hidden messages, and I can assure you there is no conspiracy. :)

65beam

Donation Time
harringtons

guys
i paid 1000.00 for my red car and 900.00 for the moonstone car.that's affordable .

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
I think we should lobby to have the name of this section changed to "The Rodney Dangerfield Memorial Society."

Tullamore

Donation Time
I think finding them is the big problem. I own three Alpines and I have never even seen a harrington in person.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
All I know is that next thing you know they'll have Harrington only meets and they'll all poo poo Alpiners.

Eric

'62 SerII

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington

Oh Eric, I am sorry you missed our first meeting--we had a concours, track day--really a ton of fun. No tigers or "regular" alpines were allowed--after all, what do we have in common with those cars?
bill

65beam

Donation Time
harringtons

bill
they don't have much in common with alpines.mine ride a lot worse,less right foot room than my series 4 and 5's,no soft top to drop when the weather is nice,the steering wheel is too big and restricts my movement,it's hard for an old guy like me to get into because my head hits the top as i try to duck down to clear the roof,i feel cramped when driving it .but i love it when people try to figure out what it is.did i say that i hate the transmission? other than these few points it's an ok car to look at.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh Eric, I am sorry you missed our first meeting--we had a concours, track day--really a ton of fun. No tigers or "regular" alpines were allowed--after all, what do we have in common with those cars?
bill

Bill,

:confused:

Your description of your Harrington meeting brings the question to mind; "By what twisted rules and chicanery did you disqualify the Harrington ( :rolleyes: ) Tiger?" Could it be that you already have a "HAC" committee for judgment on the poseurs? :D

65beam

Donation Time
harringtons

bill,

wouldn't you agree that HARRY doesn't qualify since he is a one off and had quite a crew that restored him? i doubt that a car will ever get the attention HARRY got from the sunbeam gurus that got him to pebble beach.is he still in california with bill?

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
LOL! You know Jeff, if I ever get to meet you I won't know whether to smack you or hug you. You excel at stirring the pot! I thought Scofield was the king, but you continue to raise the bar! :D ;)

Actually, when I started this thread I was laughing my arse off!
I truely, seriously don't have ANY feelings whatsoever on how the list is ordered.
It just REALLY seemed weird to think it was important enough to someone to CHANGE the order, let alone their choice in listing it.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I am STILL laughing!
As long as it is ALL still available in ANY which order, consider me a happy camper!
STILL laughing!