• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Board Terms and Potential New Officers

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Happy Holidays to all in the SAOCA! The New Year will hopefully bring some changes in this world but, closer to home, it will also bring the current Board’s term to an end. As is the case every second year, it is time to decide if the current Board will continue or if anyone new would like to step up and stand for election to one or more offices. To help with your decisions, I offer two points for your consideration:

First, the Board met earlier this month and, among other topics that I will share later, discussed the upcoming end of our terms. All current officers indicated that they were open to being replaced, but willing to serve another term if that is the wish of the membership.

Second, I want to add a personal note re: the office of Club President. While I include myself in the above statement regarding willingness to serve another term, in just a few days I will have been President for 8 years, far longer than I ever expected, and feel like it is time for someone new to take over. I started this role with lots of things I wanted to accomplish for the club and am proud of many of the things the Board and I have been able to do. There is still much that can be done to make the club still stronger and our Board will continue to work towards those goals.

As I have said many times, the real work of this club is done by our Vice President and webmaster, Greg, our Membership Secretary, Eric, and our Treasurer, Dan. (No disrespect to our Secretary, Bruce, but like my job, his is easier than the others.) We should all breathe a sigh of relief that they are willing to stay on, if the members desire. There are some things we can do to make Greg’s and Eric’s Club lives a little easier, which I will raise later in a separate discussion.

As for me, after 8 years I feel like I am now coasting and think the Club might be better served by a new president. More information on the role of President, as well as all of the Board roles, can be found in our bylaws: https://sunbeamalpine.org/saoca-by-laws/ . Any sponsoring member who is interested in running should raise their hand here or send me a PM if you want to discuss it offline and we can talk.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
This Board has done an amazing service to the Marque and to all SAOCA members. Bonding with the Rootes Trust, and the Brits, the innovative ways to encourage membership, the stunning calendars, and the time it takes from family, friends and other interests….. These guys deserve acknowledgment and thanks.

Well done guys.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
This Board has done an amazing service to the Marque and to all SAOCA members. Bonding with the Rootes Trust, and the Brits, the innovative ways to encourage membership, the stunning calendars, and the time it takes from family, friends and other interests….. These guys deserve acknowledgment and thanks.

Well done guys.
I second that!

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
As for me, after 8 years I feel like I am now coasting and think the Club might be better served by a new president.

Jim.. I have only been around for the past couple years, but I think you-all have done a fantastic job.. Thank you for all you and the board have put into this!
I dont see anything I feel needs changing.

Congrats and sorry on your 8 years.. I am 20+ years in as president/vice president of a local MINI club so understand your feelings. In my case, I still enjoy the "work" even if I am not putting out significantly more/different activities than I have done in the past.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Although I am generally unable to attend club functions (due to commitments with my work in Scouts, our local MG car club, vintage racing events, family, etc.), I sincerely appreciate the members who so graciously give of their their time and talents to create and support this organization. Having been involved in volunteer work for over 50 years, I know just how tiring and thankless it can often be, but also how greatly rewarding and fulfilling it can be.

You have my gratitude for your excellent work, and I only wish I had the resources to contribute and participate more than financially and here on the forum.