• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Badging

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Now that the 62 is finished;"I actually drove it out of the shop and into the side garage yesterday"; I will be getting inserts made for the Motif badges.
Mine will probably be ROOTES on the small top part with V8 in the bottom portion.I may decide to put 302 in the bottom but haven't decided.They will be clear plastic with reverse engraving.I believe silver will be in the engraving.

I was wondering if any of you V6ers would want some made at the same time?I don't know what the cost would be
I'm open to suggestions as to what would appeal.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I'd be interested, although I'd want it to say "V6" and I doubt there would be much savings unless they were all alike.

Didn't Andrew in Canada make some up a few years ago? I wonder if he could do another run?

Maybe we could just have them made up to say "Dark Side" and everyone would be happy. :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jim, "Dark Side" would be a little long. "DS" would fit and be pretty cool and be appropriate for most any conversion.

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck,

If you are having some made like that (ie as per original reversed engraving) i would make a bunch of "sunbeam" V8 ones as per tiger MKIA and II. They are not available and would be a good product to release onto the market. Point in case.. a pair sold on ebay last night for US $152.50

Rick at SS has them now.16.00 per piece

I still can have reverse engraving done if anyone is interested.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
IIRC, the "Powered by Ford / 260" badges were used on Mk-I's (at least in the U.S.) and the "Sunbeam / V8" badges were unique to the Mk-II which could account for the high eBay price.

AlpineII

Donation Time
Chuck,
I would be interested and would commit to a V6 version. Let me know when you want to move on it.