• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Auto Alpine on the Road

Tullamore

Donation Time
Just in time for a couple hours before the snow fell I was able to get my automatic Alpine running to take it for a test drive. We got 14" of snow on Tuesday so I don't think it will be going anywhere again till spring. At least that gives me time to finish up the trim.

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

This is how the car looked when I acquired it three years ago:

IMG_5947.jpg

With extensive repairs done correctly:

IMG_0511.jpg

See the whole process here:

http://www.passthespanner.com/?cat=19

Jim in PA

Donation Time
Very beautiful. It has to feel great to be so close to hitting the road. It's going to be a fun year in 2010!
Congratulations on a job well done. I'm jealous!

Tullamore

Donation Time
That was my first real drive in an automatic and Alpine and it sure felt weird. I have been driving manual Alpines so long that it felt like a completely different car, the engine spins at speeds I am not used to.

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
That's a real nice looking car, especially from what you started with, congratulations.
Haven't got mine to the point of a real road test drive, yet. Weather around here doesn't get really bad, like y'all northerners get. Hoping to get it finished up by the spring, also.
Treat her nice this winter, and let her roll in the spring.
Ron

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

What an amazing transformation :) . I remember seeing pictures of the car when it was damaged and it great to see it was restored to its former glory. At least you have a winter project.

Regards, Robin.

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Steve:

Your car looks great!!!! You have every right to be very proud of it!!! I saw that you live in Iowa. What part? My sister lives in West Des Moines and, according to her, they got blasted with snow. Evidently, the kids are out of school because of it. Hopefully, you guys won't have as bad a winter as usual and you and your Alpine can see some streets soon!!!!

Great job,

Tullamore

Donation Time
I live in Ames just north of Des Moines. We got blasted by well over a foot of snow in a small time. All the plows shut down and there were drifts taller than my suburban on the road. All businesses were shut down on Wednesday.

I took those pictures on Sunday night just a few hours before the first snow started to come in. Here is a picture of my Land Rover getting ready to go play in the deep snow.

14237_707795649850_16909440_41924909_2864032_n.jpg

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
That was my first real drive in an automatic and Alpine and it sure felt weird. I have been driving manual Alpines so long that it felt like a completely different car, the engine spins at speeds I am not used to.
I put the 4.22 rearend in my SIV automatic and increased the revs even more and I love it. A lot more fun to drive and doesn't seem to burn more oil or have bad benefits. I even drive on the interstate, but not for long distances.