• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

April 29-May 2, 2010 Invasion in North Carolina!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike-I have contacted a friend of mine who lives near the hotel to let me know of a campground nearby. The hotel will be Invasion Central throughout the entire 4 days. We have a hospitality/registration room as well as a large room for our swap meet and tech sessions. Tech session subjects will be listed later as we are still rounding up volunteers. We could use some help here if anyone has knowledge or information they would like to share! Perhaps Jose, Dwain, and Jim E. could lead a V-6 conversion discussion??
Thanks, Eric

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the info.

Funny they don't list Daschounds. I know plenty of those that bite, and why do you think they call all those small dogs ankle biters instead of ankle lickers. :eek: I've had 4 Dobies and they are all big babies. Most dogs aren't aggressive if raised properly. Must be an insurance issue. :rolleyes:

I'm not shooting the messenger, thanks again. :D

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the help Mike! Anyone got any particular topics they would want to see at a Tech Session? As said earlier I hope we can have a V-6 session hosted by Jose+crew. Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Jose! There will be lots of interested folks attending your session. Eric

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
A pet friendly campground is very close to I-26, just one exit below Hendersonville. Dogs welcome, except for "aggressive" breeds, which are listed on the website.

Hope this helps! Eric

Thanks Eric, I think I found a place.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone got any particular topics they would want to see at a Tech Session?

How about one on body work? A 2x6 fell on my car over the winter, putting a dent on top of the left rear fender. I will gladly volunteer my car for use in the session, if someone is willing to show us how to properly pull it out.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
New changes have been made on the Invasion Web Site to include an updated Schedule.

Regards,
Andrew

P.S.

Please also see the updated Donation site with new artwork, statics etc. that are available.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
How many folks have registered so far ?
Come on Guys 'n Gals don't wait till the last minute.

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Update on registrations!

As of Monday 2/22/10 we have a whopping five registrations so far. One not bringing a car due to it needing repair, one not listing a car on the registration form. two Series V's and one Series II. We have a long way to go to hit the numbers we want for this Invasion. We would love ot see at least 50 Sunbeams there! If your car is not running it could be a candidate for a tech session. Let's crank it up guys and gals!

Cheers,

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome to the world of Invasion planning, where everything ends up being at the last minute! :)

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
If your car is not running it could be a candidate for a tech session.
Cheers,

Maybe I could bring my rolling basket case along and Jose could do the V6 conversion on it.
Then roll it in to the Body and Paint Tech Session.
Then finish up with the electrical wiring and interior session.
Then drive it home.

(Just kidding) :D

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
A couple inches of snow last night and highs in the 20's, plus being in denial about the fleeting time left to complete (or even start) some work on the Alpine before the Invasion, has registration off of my mind.

However, we will be signing up shortly, I promise. I guess I better reconnect the heater core as well!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I agree! It's hard to think about sunny weather and the Invasion when you keep getting pounded with snow. Heck, we just had 6 inches here in Columbia, SC. We were so excited to see it come AND LEAVE! But, mother nature will flip her springtime switch here in about a month and the Invasion will kick off the year for most of us! It will be here before you know it!!

Cheers,

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
As of Monday 2/22/10 we have a whopping five registrations so far. One not bringing a car due to it needing repair, one not listing a car on the registration form. two Series V's and one Series II. We have a long way to go to hit the numbers we want for this Invasion. We would love ot see at least 50 Sunbeams there! If your car is not running it could be a candidate for a tech session. Let's crank it up guys and gals!

Cheers,

I plan to attend with my wife, albeit without a car, but I think it will be great to meet some members and see the cars that are there. Once I get my campground reservation conformation, my registration will be in the mail.