• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

April 29-May 2, 2010 Invasion in North Carolina!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Start making plans to attend the next Invasion! It will be from April 29 until May 2, 2010. Our host hotel will be the Quality Inn and Suites which is located in Hendersonville, North Carolina. Room rates are $62.99 per night for our block of rooms. When reserving a room please mention the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America to get the special room rate. You can phone 828-692-7231 to make reservations. Here is a link to the hotel. http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-hendersonville-north_carolina-NC843
Hendersonville is a small town just South of Asheville with many small shops and some great restaurants. It is an easy 10 minute drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway and some of the best backroads in North Carolina start right in front of our hotel! We are planning on some great group mountain drives as well as visiting some of the local attractions. There will be lots of things for the whole family to enjoy. More information will be coming soon!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric, those are GREAT rates for that location! I will have the registration forms ready soon after our SOS weekend so that what we discuss in our planning there gets applied to the registration. Great Job with the motel!

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Eric, Good job! Spring time in the mountains.............ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tom j

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
It could be farther away. Like Florida or Maine. Whilst I'm not sure what the Alpine's status will be by then (to be honest) but that's sure a long way.......

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Googled Maped it

I guess if I want an Invasion close to Oklahoma I will have to host it again :eek:
It is only 946.9 miles from my home to the hotel in Hendersonville, NC. Only 13 hours and 49 minutes without a potty break, GEE WIZ. So I will have to make plans and once again I don't think old Vicki the Alpine will be making this trip.

Donna
:D

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
We are already looking forward to Invasion X, and are determined to actually drive our Alpine the whole way, instead of towing as we did for SUNI.

I hear St. Louis is nice.
St. Louis would be awesome, 5 hours from Chi-town! Even better than Minneapolis, although that's a slam-dunk for us too.

Only 13 hours and 49 minutes without a potty break, GEE WIZ.
Should that be GEE NO-WIZ?

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Gatway to the WEST!

Yep good ole Saint Louis sounds like an excellent location, but then last I looked we don't have a large chapter in that town in fact I only know of one active member. Knowing all the time and heartache involved with hosting one of these events, only the gung ho die heard need to apply.
Yes Todd that should have been NO-WIZ, well one good thing about this next Invasion we can plan on stopping at Bowling Greens, KY and see all the new renovations to the Corvette Museum. If we drive Pumpkin the Corvette we get Front Row parking at the Museum, Wahoo!
For anyone wanting to take a side trip and see "maybe one of the LAST GM plants" check into this website: http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/
Website for Corvette Museum: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/

Donna

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Well this goes to prove one thing, that you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all the time. Invasion X is in North Carolina, live with it! Thanks Todd for the nice words.:rolleyes:

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
2011 is scheduled to be in Minneapolis.

2012 could be St. Louis, start talking to Jim Stone.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Funny how this always happens when the location is announced. Yes, we do have the next two years already chosen, with planning underway.

As I've always said, we're open to having an Invasion ANYWHERE, it just takes a group of people to raise their hand and volunteer to host the event. As Donna mentioned, there is a lot of work in putting together an Invasion, so don't take it lightly. Would be glad to talk with anyone considering this for 2012.

RootesRich

Donation Time
I already know of an Alpine owner in Oakland, CA that has committed to attending Invasion X... just think about how long it's going to take for him to travel completely across our great country.

I've got the dates penciled in on my calendar and I'll be driving from Colorado.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Great ! We'll see everyone in North Carolina...:eek:

Tom j

Jack B are you hosting XI ?

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I'm hoping to make InvX (tm), and I'm not trying to change any other plans for later Invasions. It just struck me that St. Louis is pretty central, and we know someone there :). That's all... honest!

Ken

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
St. Louis would make a great, central location for a Spring or Fall Invasion and I hope to someday be able to host one. However, it will likely be several years before I can even think about it, especially as long as I am the only Alpine owner in the metro area. I know how hard hosts work before, during and after the Invasion and simply don't have the time it would require right now.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Spring of 2012

The plan for Tulsa Alpine aka Donna is by March of 2012 we will be a Wauchula Florida Alpine. I will have all the time necessary to drive anywhere in the USA for an invasion, since I will not be going to work every gosh darn morning. Looks like the Route 66 Tulsa Invasion will be the one and only. Once in Florida those East Coast Invasion look awful close, knowing my luck you Sunbeamers will start having them in California :rolleyes:
I know leave old Vicki the Alpine here in Oklahoma just in case Jim Stone host in 2012, Nope I had better take the old girl with me! ;)
While you Northerners are snowed in I will be driving old Vicki the Alpine with just a little heat on in December! Yea I know in July I will have to get up early dawn for a drive since the afternoon will be Hot HOT!

Donna

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
For those coming to the SOS next month-we will be talking over some Invasion plans and asking for ideas and help! Also on Sept. 25th there will be a British car show in Hendersonville, NC. The host hotel will be the same one we will be using for the Invasion. We will be there prior to the show to do some more Invasion planning so I hope a few others can bring their Sunbeams to the show. Let me know if you can join us! So far I have heard that George C. will be there besides myself. Here is a link to that show......

http://www.autumninthemountains.org/aitm_2009/index.html

We went to the show last year and there was only one Sunbeam there so let's invade their show next month! Eric

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Some of you are aware of this, I'm sure, but for those of you who aren't, Fifth Avenue West that intersects Main Street in Hendersonville is absolutely made for an Alpine drive. The views aren't anything like the Blue Ridge Parkway, and there's nothing to do when you reach the end like in Chimney Rock, but the drive is really nice. One of the places you'll pass before you reach the end of "Fifth Avenue" is the Echo Inn in a very nice location that will make you think "we should have stayed here," but the Echo Inn doesn't have air conditioning (and probably aren't very car friendly). It's a "throwback" from the time before air conditioning. The roads around Hendersonville are just made for an Alpine.