• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Needed For Ca Magazine Photo Shoot May 9

A

autotronic

My name is Richard Truesdell and I am the editor of the new online-only magazine Automotive Traveler. I invite you all to take a look at the current issue at:

www.automotivetraveler.com/magazine.php?mode=1

For our June cover story I need to photograph a stock-appearing Alpine on the morning of May 8th in Pasadena, CA. It will be photographed with a number of other two-seat roadsters.

If you have an Alpine, live in Southern California and can be available from sunrise to noon on Wednesday, May 9, I invite you to contact me directly at richt@automotivetraveler.com or feel free to call me direct between 7 AM and 10 PM PDT at 714/981-2725. I need to locate and confirm the car's availability before Saturday, April 28 as I will be leaving for 10 days in Scotland on assignment.

If you can help with this request, please contact me.

Best wishes,

Richard Truesdell
Editorial Director, Automotive Traveler
www.automotivetraveler.com

A

AlpineIan

Thanks for letting us know about this Richard. Can someone in Southern CA please help him out!

serIIalpine

Donation Time
If you would like a Silver Birch Series II with an incomplete interior and no bumpers let me know.

Eric

'62 SerII

A

autotronic

It would be great if I could locate a car that is stock and complete, exterior and interior, I would be very happy for the purposes of this project to have a car whose exterior is stock-appearing. If you know anyone with such an Alpine in Southern California, please have them contact me.

Thanks,

Richard Truesdell
automotivetraveler.com/magazine.php?mode=1

howard

Donation Time
Nice looking magazine! I'd help you out in a heartbeat but ALAS! 1) Geography, and 2) The car's not ready.:(

Wish you luck.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Is there any chance we can do up a members list with locations?
Or I should say, can I get a list of members near me?
I'd like to work on some local get togethers and such.
Also, in this situation it would be easy to try to personaly contact those who may not participate on the boards too often, or might just plain miss this post.
You know, forced participation, let's pry each other from our garages and get out and enjoy things a bit.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Is there any chance we can do up a members list with locations?
Or I should say, can I get a list of members near me?
I'd like to work on some local get togethers and such.
Also, in this situation it would be easy to try to personaly contact those who may not participate on the boards too often, or might just plain miss this post.
You know, forced participation, let's pry each other from our garages and get out and enjoy things a bit.

Jeff - that was the original intent when we started the club years ago - develop regional chapters, with chapter presidents and leadership, and grow. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work out that way :(

Send an email to Rich Vose with details on which area you'd like to cover and he'll be able to help you out.

We need more people like you to step up in their regions and promote the club and the Alpine with get-togethers.

Thanks Jeff! :D

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I can't seem to recall the ladies name (CRS kicking in ) but what about the lady with the Alpine(6) that did the photo shoot with Don Adams and Barbara Feldon? I thought I had seen something posted by her since the new forum launched but I can not find anything. Anyone know her name and how to get in touch with her?

TerryB

Donation Time
Alpine

I have to check and will when the calendar(wife) gets home
but I may be able to go if you like blue.

A

autotronic

I just wanted to let the thread know that I'm still looking for a participant for this project. I was close to having someone but it didn't work out.

I am leaving for Scotland on Saturday the 28th and will be out of the country until the 7th of May and not back in Southern California until late on the 8th. The photo shoot is set for early in the morning, just after sunrise in Pasadena on the 9th.

If there is anyone who heads up a Southern California chapter, could you get in touch with me, hopefully before 3 PM on Saturday the 28th of April. If you E-mail me you phone number at richt@automotivetraveler.com I would be happy to call you back.

Thanks,

Richard Truesdell

automotivetraveler.com/magazine.php?mode=1

burgy711

Donation Time
Knowing the emotion I'm about to stir I hate to say this..... BUT, there are a number of Tiger owners in the Pasadena area and those *&$%% Tiger guys would be driving over each other to get their cars into a photo shoot like this. I can't believe it has been close to two weeks and there still isn't an Alpine owner identified. Not a single one from the Dark Side, Puritan or someplace in between that has stepped up.....

Hell, take a picture of a Tiger and call it an Alpine :eek: the Marquee needs the exposure........

TerryB

Donation Time
photo shoot

I was considering it but it is during the week it would cost me a vacation day, a tank of fuel, I can't afford that. I hope someone retired can make it.

A

autotronic

As I'm packing now for my trip/assignment to Scotland, if anyone should be able to help, please E-mail me direct at richt@automotivetraveler.com. Please include a phone number so I can call you back.

Thanks,

Rich

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I did contact Rich. He and I exchanged e-mails. I told him how some of the bits on my car are not exactly stock for the year of the car (it's a '63 with late '67 non-peaked rims, later bumpers, no "SUNBEAM" in front, and no badge on the side under the Alpine script). I also offered my dad's Tiger. But, I never heard back to that e-mail. I just e-mailed him again.

TerryB

Donation Time
pics

He seems to be a good guy and very busy. Being in Scotland working may slow him down but I am sure he will get ahold of you.