• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Ice Chest

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Thank you for the great idea. Mine was easy, I bought a white Coors cooler and scraped off the decal and added edge molding.
Image%20%281%29-XL.jpg

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Thank you for the great idea. Mine was easy, I bought a white Coors cooler and scraped off the decal and added edge molding.
Image%20%281%29-XL.jpg
Looks nice…and I have a white Alpine…hmmmm
What edge molding are you referencing?
I’m looking at the Coors cooler on the web and can’t pick it out.
Only asking because this and the original post has put me into planning mode.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tod, the edge molding appears to be the rubber bit along the bottom edge. These coolers tend to get a bit banged up on the bottom edges since it's just steel all the way down. As it happens, I have one of these original Coca-Cola coolers... when I was a kid we used it on our annual trips to Tennessee to visit family. Still in pretty good shape, but with a few rusty bits in places.

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Tod, the edge molding appears to be the robber bit along the bottom edge. These coolers tend to get a bit banged up on the bottom edges since it's just steel all the way down. As it happens, I have one of these original Coca-Cola coolers... when I was a kid we used it as a family on our annual trips to Tennessee to visit family. Still in pretty good shape, but with a few rusty bits in places.
Yeah I can see that now. I thought the new cooler on the website had that bottom trim but it turns out it was a shadow.
On another note, if you ever get down to Tennessee, let me know I’d like to meet up!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
On another note, if you ever get down to Tennessee, let me know I’d like to meet up!

Absolutely. Thanks! Yes, our family goes way back in TN... indeed, there's even an McLemoresville, TN... and one of the oldest streets in Memphis is McLemore Ave, named for one of my gggg uncles, John C. McLemore, one of the four founders of Memphis. I still have family there, near Jackson.

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
This is the one I found, I got mine on ebay. The decal comes right off. https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Vinta...t=&hvlocphy=9031717&hvtargid=pla-546406893567
Ordered it about an hour ago
They had a ‘used’ one in Very Good condition, just damaged packaging.
At $51 it was $20+ less than new, so I took a chance. It’s Amazon, so if it’s not acceptable I can return it.
I was able to find it because of your ‘Coors’ description, so thanks for that.
What did you use for your trim?

It looks great.

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Image%20%281%29-XL.jpg
Hey...got my cooler in and it's this weekend's mini-project...gonna be too cold here to be comfortably out in the garage.
Did you just use a plastic scraper to remove the decal? Chemicals? I'd rather not find out the hard way that "I shouldn't have done that" and have to repaint. Lol
Have a great weekend.

Tod

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Another tempting project to add to the list ... For attaching the Alpine script, did you remove the pins?

Mike

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Another tempting project to add to the list ... For attaching the Alpine script, did you remove the pins?

Mike
I know you were talking to the other guys, as I am in process, but when I did a similar project with a vintage style, hip roof toolbox, I removed the pins…actually one was already broken off…and glued.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have Alpine scripts with some pins missing/broken, so this could be a great use for one of those. :)

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes I used a plastic scraper and it came right off, it looks like a water decal to me like the one you put on models. I drilled holes and used the pins and clips for the Alpine script.