• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67 SV sun visors

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sunbeam specialties sells reproduction of the series V / tiger survivors. They also fit series 3/IV alpines.

If you are new to sunbeams get yourself a copy of the sunbeam specialties catalogue and classic sunbeam catalogue.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sunbeam specialties sells reproduction of the series V / tiger survivors. They also fit series 3/IV alpines.

If you are new to sunbeams get yourself a copy of the sunbeam specialties catalogue and classic sunbeam catalogue.

Michael's right about SS selling them, $100/pair.

A couple weeks ago Rick said they were out of stock (not sure if he said he was trying to find a new vendor for them) and, if I remember right, they only came in white.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Has anyone tried the sun visors advertised for A.C. Cobras ? They are a
smoked or coloured lexan or plastic with two chromed hinges on each.
sell for about 35 pounds a pair. not sure if available through a U.S. company.
Bobbo ( pardon my Canadian spelling eh )

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Has anyone tried the sun visors advertised for A.C. Cobras ? They are a
smoked or coloured lexan or plastic with two chromed hinges on each.
sell for about 35 pounds a pair. not sure if available through a U.S. company.
Bobbo ( pardon my Canadian spelling eh )

This was discussed many years ago: http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11690 The original poster hasn't been on the forum in 6 years, so I assume he sold the car. Also, if you aren't worried about originality, there is a Corvette visor that can be obtained pretty reasonably and can made to work. http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18119

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
This was discussed many years ago: http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11690 The original poster hasn't been on the forum in 6 years, so I assume he sold the car. Also, if you aren't worried about originality, there is a Corvette visor that can be obtained pretty reasonably and can made to work. http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18119

I did the Corvette visor for the 62. It works but a bit short in length. Would prefer longer. No to,the side movement

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
I went to the forum thread Jim noted. Great to have the archive.
I noticed Chuck mentioned removing the visors when raising or lowering the top. as I seldom see an Alpine with visors, I wasn't aware of that.
Looks like the visors from SS would run about 200 with brackets.

Bob

alpine_64

Donation Time
I noticed Chuck mentioned removing the visors when raising or lowering the top. as I seldom see an Alpine with visors, I wasn't aware of that.

Bob

Rick's visors and brackets are original in appearance to the late sunbram ones, but upgraded in that the brackets are polished stainless instead of chromed pot metal so last much better and will likley outlast most of the owners unlike the originals.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time

Bob

No the visors do not need to be removed to,raise or lower the top
The visors are the Corvette ones and not sunbeam

Last edited:

Steelerfan

Donation Time
I had a Brand new 67 alpine back in the day with the hard top. I seem to remember having to remove, or at least turn out of the way, the visors to install and remove the hard top. That was 49 years ago, so memory may be failing me.