• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

62 Alpine, Manitoba

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nice car! I agree the hardtop is a different one. I've never seen one like it either. It looks good on this car and so do those rims! I wish there was more pictures of this car. This one looks like a winner for all you darksiders out there!

Cheers,

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I have never heard about this one.I live in Winnipeg which is about 150 miles away.many have called me and just maybe he may have although I do not remember all the calls I have talked with.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like a Parrish Plastics hardtop that has been modified for side windows... that's my best guess, and come to think of it, it would be a pretty easy mod to do.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Looks like a Parrish Plastics hardtop that has been modified for side windows... that's my best guess, and come to think of it, it would be a pretty easy mod to do.

Did parish do a top for the early cars? I know they did them for the later square window cars.. interesting top.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah, I think they did. Parrish has been making tops for a *long* time! :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Way back when, I purchased a plastic top for my Series II. Comparing the fastening hardware, I'd have to say it was a Parish. Can't remember the shape of the rear window, but if it was anything like the Series V tops, side windows would be tough. The rear window is a wrap around design.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
What Ford V6 engine was 2300cc?

From Wikipedia:
Throughout its production run, the Cologne V6 has evolved from the engine displacements of 1.8, 2.0, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 litres engines.

Scott, that's all I know about the 2.3 V6!

BTW, do you have any Alpines at this time?

Bill

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I few years ago there was someone selling NEW 2.3 V6 cologne engines on ebay.

They were really cheap and looked real nice.

They were a german Taunus engine IIRC and not much good in the US as no north american car actually used it.

Basically its a destroked 2.8.

SDuncan

Donation Time
From Wikipedia:
Throughout its production run, the Cologne V6 has evolved from the engine displacements of 1.8, 2.0, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 litres engines.

Scott, that's all I know about the 2.3 V6!

BTW, do you have any Alpines at this time?

Bill

There are no Sunbeams in my garage at this time, but this one is a little out of my price range. Nice car though.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
"This is how a Tiger should have been built" is a great description. That red dash absolutely works with this car, so do the whiplash seats and that top. Looks like a lot of thought went into this one. "Asking $12,500" means it could probably be had for even less.