• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

300 cars, 1 Sunbeam

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
We had over 300 cars at the annual Outkasts Car Show on Saturday - street rods, hot rods, 50's classics, etc., and one Sunbeam. Lots of interest and questions and many who proclaimed something like "I had one of those once - should have kept it!"

Attachments

• 1966 Tiger.jpg
    1966 Tiger.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 36

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
300 Cars-1 Sunbeam

I have heard the same stories at almost every show I have had my V6 Alpine displayed. Number one is " I had one just like it when I was in college". Number two is " My brother-cousin-sister's room mate-I knew a guy that had one-my neighbor had one when I was in grade school-etc. etc." I think more people claim to have Sunbeam provenance that Rootes ever sold in the U.S.

The funny part is that most of them don't even know what they're looking at. Mine has been called an MG, a Fiat, a kit car....even a Tiger. At least they like it even when they don't know what it is. It's hilarious to hear some of the stories they come up with about owning one....most of them have no clue what they're talking about. One thing for sure is that Sunbeams garner a lot of attention at shows and in general.

Nice Tiger Paul:)

65beam

Donation Time
sunbeam

a couple years ago we had the 69 GT at the Pittsburgh show. there was a good turnout of beams and a tiger was on one side of our car and an alpine on the other side. a local tiger owner that has never brought his car came up to me and proceeded to tell me that the tiger was a sunbeam and the alpine was a sunbeam so why did I install an alpine engine in my car and why would I say it was a sunbeam since it clearly was not a sunbeam. that was the first and only time I've ever heard that. it did draw the attention of the editor of sports and exotics this year.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Sunbeam

We go to a lot of local shows like this,( maybe 1,2,3, any given weekend, not
that we go to that many)
went to one last week the Tiger was well received,took our trophy and went home.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
This isn't limited to Sunbeams. When I used to show my Mustang I was amazed to hear of the many 4-door Mustangs and convertible Mach 1s that people owned.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I wonder which is more.... The number of people who had Sunbeams just like that one or the number of people who say they were at Woodstock?

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I just love sitting back and hearing the so called experts telling how it was done. Especially the Lister with the 351W. Then there are the people who are genuinely interested in the car. These I do enjoy talking to.