• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 vs. 2.9

Markhecht57

Donation Time
I want to put a Cologne V-6 in one of my 67 Alpines. I’m finding it extremely difficult to find a 2.8 from the late 70’s. I have a bead on a 2.9 from an 88 Ranger. It’s a 2wd with a 5sp. I can get the whole truck and was hoping to use the fuel injection and the transmission if possible. Can I make this work? My limited research points towards problems with the exhaust. Any chance I can get the truck exhaust manifolds to fit. Has anybody out there done this successfully?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have several 2.8's available....Send me your Email and Phone number. WE can talk about the difficulty with the 2.9 etc., etc... vs 2.8's