• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

Dash Pad NOS or reproduction

I purchased a dash pad about 12 years ago and never took it out of the box, my memory is failing me, I believe it was advertised as NOS when I purchased it, I have someone interested in purchasing it but need to confirm what I have and then find a reasonable price to sell it for. Here's a few...
  2. G

V/6 exhaust ??

I would like to know what mufflers you are running and if you can explain what they sound like, eg. loud/med/quiet - nice deep rumble/sewing machine etc. any links to a video to have a listen would be appreciated. last year I dropped off the Sunbeam to a friends shop and told him to do what...
  3. G

help with front suspension..

I completed the total front end rebuild, fulcrum bushings, ball joints etc. the springs are stock, when I had them out they measured exactly the same as in the WSM, new front and rear munroe shocks from SS, so on my test drive it feels like there's no front shocks! when I hit a bump it feels...
  4. G

heater valve bracket

I don't feel like paying $55 for a used heater valve bracket on a non concours car, has anybody made one, it shouldn't be to difficult, how about a picture and dimensions.
  5. G

Darkside update..

after fitting the engine and tranny I pulled everything back out to paint the engine bay and to weld up the tunnel, I ordered new ball joints, shocks and control arm bushings and with the parts sitting on the work bench waiting to be installed I was working lying on my back working on replacing...
  6. G

2.8 rear main seal

my rear main seal is leaking on my 85 2.8, I have been reading that you need a special tool from ford to install the new seal correctly, is this true? there must be a trick to installing it without the tool :(
  7. G

WTB Bracket for the heater valve SV

WTB Bracket for the heater valve SV Thanks, Gary
  8. G

woodruff key replacement

maybe later today or tomorrow I'll be replacing the woodruff keys with the hardened keys I got from Jim. what is the procedure for this, any tips or tricks. TIA
  9. G

shifter handle...

on to my next task :) the shifter, I'm thinking a short (maybe 7") and straight up from the tranny. what do you guys have and do you like it, any pics. TIA
  10. G

V/6 Timing

I searched and found similar results without the solution, my intial timing is around 40 degrees and the engine seems happy, I'm in the middle of the cam break in.... wuz up with that, I emailed yenko because he had the same timing in another thread but could not see the solution in the thread.
  11. G

V/6 fuel line

is 5/16 fuel line good for the V/6, I'm running the red holley fuel pump, and how did you approach the engine from the front or over the bell housing?
  12. G

fresh 2.8 won't turn over by hand..

before I pull it out I'm open for suggestions.. my fresh never been fired up 2.8 is sitting in the car but will not turn over by hand, the only thing I can think of is something in the back end is holding it up, flywheel bolts?? I have the spark plugs out, water pump belt is off, valve covers...
  13. G

1966 S/V 1725 w/tranny

just pulled out for a V/6 conversion, engine runs tranny shifts, what's it worth? pick up only Barrie Ontario.
  14. G

said it before.. but now I'm ready :) to swap!

build thread of my V/6 swap! I believe I have all the parts I need to venture into the Dark Side, mod T-Stat housing from mr moyer is in the mail along with the dizzy hold down washer from Earl (just need to find a bolt that'll work), found an Oil flt adaptor at ford and that should be here...
  15. G

missing 2.8 V/6 water pump inlet

what goes on the water pump where the return rad hose connects to? seems I'm missing this piece, does anyone have a picture? I do have the triangle piece that connects the bypass hose on the back of the water pump with the three long bolts, what goes on the front, I have no idea what it looks like.
  16. G

V/6 starter and alternator??

rounding up the last bits for this V/6 swap, the starter is the basic mustang ii starter but pricing here is 175.00 for a lifetime warranty or 106.00 for a 3 year warranty lower grade version :( but what are the options for the alternator? a simple single wire, does anyone have part...
  17. G

mustang ii block plate

Anyone have a extra mustang ii manual transmission engine block plate they would be willing to part with?
  18. G

Mustang ii bellhousing

Just had my bearing retainer turned down to 4.69" as suggested and now it's too small for the Mustang ii bellhousing, wat up?? unfortunately I didn't measure the opening in the Bell Housing before the machine work, but measuring it now I get somewhere around 4 13/16", my caliper is not...
  19. G

Here I go again...

Well I decided to build my dream shop that I have been planning for the past few years, so when I posted last fall that I was going to go full speed ahead and drop the V/6 in the Alpine over the next few weeks it didn't happen, but I'm ready now :)
  20. G

ready to do this 2.8 swap, questions

where's the best source for the 2.9L valves and springs, anyone have part numbers or a link? I'm missing the block plate and I'm having a hard time finding one, anybody know of one for sale. Cheers Gary