• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V/6 exhaust ??

Gitsmart

Donation Time
I would like to know what mufflers you are running and if you can explain what they sound like, eg. loud/med/quiet - nice deep rumble/sewing machine etc. any links to a video to have a listen would be appreciated.

last year I dropped off the Sunbeam to a friends shop and told him to do what ever he needed to do, he knew this car is for my wife and she didn't want loud or quiet, she wanted medium, when I picked it up he put and single muffler on it, two into one, we don't like how it sounds and I'm sure we're missing some performance as well, I'm going to take it back to him and have him put duals on it, just trying to figure out which mufflers to go with.

the V/6 has had the heads ported, Jose's cam spec, offenhauser 4 bbl, 390 holley....

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
You definitely are losing power, with a single exhaust. You have the big heads and cam, put it is trying to breathe through a straw. All the money you invested in better breathing, is nullified buy the restrictive exhaust.

Kelly Mathis just did his with a true dual exhaust and it sounds great. Kelly might tell you exactly which brand or style mufflers he used. Try looking at the short video he posted on the forum, under "V6 conversion update - first fit", on page 3. They sound great with my cam.

Jose

I would like to know what mufflers you are running and if you can explain what they sound like, eg. loud/med/quiet - nice deep rumble/sewing machine etc. any links to a video to have a listen would be appreciated.

last year I dropped off the Sunbeam to a friends shop and told him to do what ever he needed to do, he knew this car is for my wife and she didn't want loud or quiet, she wanted medium, when I picked it up he put and single muffler on it, two into one, we don't like how it sounds and I'm sure we're missing some performance as well, I'm going to take it back to him and have him put duals on it, just trying to figure out which mufflers to go with.

the V/6 has had the heads ported, Jose's cam spec, offenhauser 4 bbl, 390 holley....

socorob

Donation Time
i have duals with an H pipe way towards the back right before the mufflers(not sure thats the best placement), and i think flowmasters(they were on the car when i got it). The only thing i would do differently is go under the axle straight out with the exhaust instead of up and over. You can hear it here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/socorob?ob=5#p/u/4/9gyS6YPDHI8

Its quiet when youre just cruising but sounds nice when you get on it, not too loud at all.

Gitsmart

Donation Time
By the way, How is the car running?

Jose

It's running good, I wrapped up the install in the late fall and it's been a long busy winter, with that said I need some fine tuning time, hopefully over the next week I can get to dialing in the timing, carb and correct the exhaust, stay tuned LOL