• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. suvacrew

what in the world is this?

My guess was the early prototype for the now omnipresent cup holder...thinking this was for a martini or gin and tonic. :o
  2. suvacrew

"Pinto" EFI

Bill, As rootesracer posted..the side drafts DCOE set-up is the best. As you and I have exchanged, the SOHC is a stout unit and can be tuned pretty quick with little pain in the pocket book. Some places to garner some insights to getting the most out of your 2.0 w/o FE...Burton, Esslinger and...
  3. suvacrew

Bob Hagin, Walnut Creek, CA

Name of Andy's shop is Hagin's Automotive, 925-228-5115. He works on foreign (Jap) and domestic, and interestingly doesn't play on the UK legion of cars, but has mentioned snooping for a Tiger. I take my Outback surf wagon to him, and he is far more efficient and responsive than any dealer...
  4. suvacrew

Bob Hagin, Walnut Creek, CA

Bob's son, Andy has a highly successful and renowned auto repair facility in Martinez, I mountain bike ride with him on occasion and he has been a great resource in my strive to tune my Alpine now fitted with a tuned 2.0 Ford engine. His shop has pictures of some of his father's Sunbeam...
  5. suvacrew

Tach Question??

Here's the real link for electrical conversion. http://www.lotus-cortina.com/electric/convert.htm And yes the entire clip for the loop is precious, I forgot to mention the metal retainer too. There are a few posters here that have a plethora of parts for sale (sometimes they sell on...
  6. suvacrew

Tach Question??

http://www.britishcarforum.com/lore/article.php?id=063 This link will take you to a pdf file with pretty clear directions regarding making the change. I think I've seen this discussion on this board earlier if not at TE/AE. BTW, if you don't like cracking them open and applying a...
  7. suvacrew

latch

I have two extras (RPS) repros never mounted. But to be fair they seem to have varying tolerances. They work well on the older/original catches/strikers but not on the new recasts. Available for sale. just PM me. Cheers, Don
  8. suvacrew

Harrington on E-Bay

Boulder creek is definitely in CA, but I would be curious as to any rust. It's in the Santa Cruz mountains, an area prone to copious amounts of moisture, from rain, fog, salt primed ocean breezes and an on avg higher humidity. It's a beaut, but may need a good poke through to test the...
  9. suvacrew

eBay Tiger...is it real??

Response from St Louis Car Museum Clearly there has been much scrutiny laid upon this car....unfortunately they are still unable to substantiate it's lineage. I will wait for another Tiger for investing in..... See below. Hello, We are well aware of the rootes1.com website as we...
  10. suvacrew

eBay Tiger...is it real??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Tiger-1966-Rootes-Group-SUNBEAM-TIGER-RARE-CAR-644-mo_W0QQitemZ300150926211QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6472QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem This car seems to be making the rounds on eBay again and it looks like the St Louis Car Museum may have a...
  11. suvacrew

Temperature Gauge and Sensor

Don, I have one from a SIV...chrome bezel has no pitting. I don't know if it works as I have a Smith mechanical Temp gauge and I got a plethora of extra parts when I got my Alpine. What can go wrong with these internals? $45 plus postage. You can get a sending unit from www.rootes.com...
  12. suvacrew

Is it better to rechrome, or buy repros?

RPS vs rechroming I have purchased a series of RPS parts and the peculiar things is that the castings are inconsistent. For example, I have four (4) new RPS Softtop clamps/latches, none are identical!! Only one of the four will clamp onto a new RPS striker and 2 of the four will clamp to an...
  13. suvacrew

Changing out trans on 2.0 Ford (Alpinto)

Thanks to both of you for the responses. I will retain the 2.0 and will debate the option of a T-5 vs Type 9 (N). I want to achieve a fit with a limited amount of torching/cutting. Bill and Rootesracer I may have some off-line questions and will tag your e-mails or post again. Ok? Thanks...
  14. suvacrew

Changing out trans on 2.0 Ford (Alpinto)

New to Sunbeam Alpine, but an old hand with UK cars ala 1969 XKE Series II (completely stock with the bills to prove it!). I just received a 65 Alpine, rust free, completely reconditioned (not restored as running gear is not Sunbeam), Neg Ground etc....body as straight as can be. Had the...