• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Thistle Grey

Early S1 Engine

Hi, is anyone out there doing a restoration on an early S1 and looking for an engine? I have #00517 sitting here as a back-up for my car, but I don't think I will ever need it. I don't know any of the history on it, but if there is any interest, I will pull the head to see what is in there...
  2. Thistle Grey

SI Caliper/disk positioning

I am having trouble centering the S1 calipers on the rotors. I am using the original SI axles, with the original distance pieces still in place. I have a set of rebuilt calipers and freshly turned rotors, both from either the SI or SII and have assembled them with the wire wheel hubs from the...
  3. Thistle Grey

Mechanical tach on a 1725, how hard can it be?

I have dropped the 1725 from the parts car into my SI as a short term solution, but of course the tach cable is left hanging in the engine compartment with nothing to connect to. I have a spare distributor and stand with take-off from the 1498, but before I start tearing into it, can someone...
  4. Thistle Grey

S2 Boot, Bonnet, Covers for spare and battery.Free

Hi, I have a few items left from my SII parts car, free for local pick-up. Decent hood and trunk (no letters on trunk) as well as the spare tire cover panel and the lid for the battery box. Located in beautiful Victoria BC Canada and completely free for local pick-up. If you are out of town...
  5. Thistle Grey

S2 Parts for sale

I had hoped to sell this as a complete car, but no takers, so am now breaking it down for parts. Car is #110770, no engine or transmission, but good grill, both tops and 3 piece top covers, full dash with all instruments, some panels (not much solid on lower 6" except front valance) and boxes...
  6. Thistle Grey

S2 Parts Car for sale

I have an S2 Alpine parts car for sale in Victoria BC Canada. No engine,transmission or seats. Usual lower body rust plus rusted X Frame. Decent top, top covers, dash, grill, boot lid, etc. I have it listed locally for $500 and would rather it was taken away in one piece, but will consider...
  7. Thistle Grey

series 1 clutch/flywheel

The series 1 engine I have came to me without a flywheel. Looking at the prices for clutch components, it seems to me that my best option is to look for a flywheel from a late series 3 or 4 and avoid the high clutch costs. Considering that the master cylinder is shot and the slave needs...